Facebook Badge

Monday, June 1, 2009

MONDAY, MONDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

We had a lovely day at home today. I was tired out this morning. I usually am, but this morning I was even more so after unpacking and cleaning up the camper last night. So, I sleepily got up and helped Cam and Molly get ready for school, pack lunches, etc. at 7 a.m. Then when Bill took them to school, I went back to bed until 10:30. At that point, Isaac insisted that I get up. "Mom, we need to learn!" He is an awfully cute alarm clock! So, we homeschooled and just managed to get everything done by 3 p.m. when it was time to pick up Cam and Molly from school. The boys both wrote about camping in their journals today. Boating was the highlight for both of them. Some of our Scout friends had a boat, and they took everyone boating on Lake Isabella. The kids had a blast!

After picking up the kids, I took a shower and tidied up the house a bit. I also started working on some laundry -- there was quite a bit after our camping trip! Heather and Will came over to play with my boys, and they stayed until 6 p.m. I went over to check on Judi. She is doing OK, but her leg is very swollen which is bothering her. Terri was over cooking her dinner! We have such a great neighborly group of women here on Fletcher St. I feel so blessed!

After feeding the kids dinner, I sent them upstairs by 7 p.m. Today was the first day of a new Bible Study that I am leadingat our house. We meet from 7-9 p.m. It's called, "Learning to Live with Chronic Illness." I am very excited about the study, and for the first night we had a great turnout and a great time! We will be meeting every Monday for the next 6 weeks. Don't worry, I've recruited Annie to be my co-leader for any bad weeks -- probably the chemo weeks.

Tomorrow I have an 8:30 appointment with Dr. Cohen. So, I'll have to get up early. YUCK!!! Annie is going to drive me, because the new fibro meds help, but they make me dizzy -- which is not the best for driving! We'll take Cam and Molly to school at 7:30, and then just go directly to Thousand Oaks. Bill is going to work from home, so that he can watch the boys until I get back from the appointment.

So, more tomorrow ....

Love,
Michele

No comments: