Facebook Badge

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

FREEDOM ...

Hi Friends ...

I am officially allowed out of my protective bubble. I had my bloodwork done at the oncologist today , and it came back good -- or at least, good for someone on chemo. So, I am allowed out in public again -- at least for the next 2 or so weeks until it's time for the next round of chemo. My oncologist was happy with how I'm doing. He did suggest, however, putting me back on a steroid to conteract the chemo fatigue. I could barely stay awake while in his office, which didn't help my case for no more steroids. They said the chemo hit me harder this time because I'm no longer on my favorite med of all time -- Prednisone, AKA the puffy drug!!! So, I told them I want to wait until I see Dr. Cohen, my rheumatologist, to decide. Meanwhile, I'll just go with sleeping a lot! It is summer break after all!

Stunningly, though, I woke up early (8:30 a.m) today with Bill and made him breakfast and coffee before he left for work. I also made his lunch. It felt like old times! Then after he left, I made a less healthy, but fun breakfast for the kids -- chocolate-chip pancakes and bacon! Oh, to be young again!!! The kids and I vegged most of the morning, and then we did our household chores, pet care, etc. In the afternoon, I went to the doctor, recycled, and hit Wal-Mart, and the grocery store. And I even went for a walk with Nathaniel today. I thought it might be a good idea to exercise. It felt good at the time, but it definitely didn't give me more energy throughout the day. After running all my errands (big kids stayed home to babysit younger ones), I came home and took a 45 minute nap before dinner, which luckily I had cooking already in the crockpot. Bill came home by 6:15 p.m. and we all ate before he and Cameron left for Boy Scouts. I did some sorting in the dining room tonight, and the kids are now watching a movie upstairs in their beds. I am off to sleep myself!!!

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: