Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 27, 2009

SATURDAY!!

Hi Friends!

Today was a busy, but productive day. For me, I actually got up fairly early -- around 10 a.m. Brandon and Nate were here and up and wanting to go outside to ride bikes and skateboards. I got up and fed everyone a brunch. We did our household chores, and then Cam, Molly, and I went to Smart and Final grocery shopping. We bought a ton of groceries -- 2 completely full carts -- I hope it lasts at least a week! We also went to Theresa's ( a pet store which is next door) and picked up crickets for Cam's lizards. Their pet engraving name tag machine was working -- so we got 2 for the new cats -- Itty Bitty Kitty and Puss 'n Boots AKA Fluffy (Isaac couldn't decide on one name!).

I bribed all the kids with M and M 's ice cream bars to get them to help unpack the groceries. Shortly after that Shirlene came and picked up Brandon. Nate and Isaac then moved onto playing with Will and Heather. My feet and knees were extremely swollen after the grocery shopping -- which I found pathetic since Cam and Molly did all the work, and I just walked alongside them and paid! So, I lay down in bed for about an hour before going to 5:30 church this afternoon.

After church I made pizza, monkey bread, and salad for dinner. Then I lay down again because of swollen issues -- what a pain, literally! At 9 p.m., I sucked it up, and Cam, Isaac, and I did a major cleaning and sorting of their room. It looks great. We were even able to move the beds around to position them better in the room. We actually finished the room by 10:30 p.m. It was mostly me and Cameron, as Isaac got distracted with a really cool toy that Cam gave to him and Nate. It was a remote-controlled flyer!

Bill has been busy painting and doing other home repair this weekend. He's still at it, and I'm getting tired just watching him! Mama hamster lost a baby today, and now she is down to only 3 baby hamsters. You think she'd be better with them as they get bigger, but she's actually worse. When they wander off, she doesn't seem to notice it. So unless we reunite them or they find the Mama on their own, they perish! As if I don't have enough children of my own to keep an eye on!

On a good note, while cleaning Cameron's room -- I came across his goodie bag from the LA marathon. Their were aloe bandages which I put on my feet. Well, my feet haven't felt this good in 2 years! Tomorrow I'm going to the drug store and buying a big supply of aloe, because it's the only thing that I've found that helps!

Tomorrow we are going to do the last room of the house -- drum roll -- Nate's room. Hmmm? Why do you think I've saved it till the end. Honestly, I didn't want to face it. I am also meeting Carrie at the fabric store to buy supplies for my quilting class. I'm making a quilt for Dr. Cohen's new baby, a girl who is due any day! And I need to budget and pay some bills tomorrow! So, I guess I'll leave Bill to the painting and go off to bed. I don't blame him for painting now,
though -- it's easier with the kids in bed and not running into the wet paint!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: