Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I AM THE QUEEN OF QUILTING!





Hi Friends!

It's been a crazy busy day that passed very quickly, and it seemed like I wasn't getting much done. However, now I'm having my usual burst of midnight energy! So, I am planning to write this and then do some puttering/organizing in my family room.

I took the kids to school this morning, and then went back to bed until 10 a.m. Nate and Isaac had an art day today, and they spent much time playing and creating with Bendaroos -- thanks to Auntie Annie AKA Alice. I had a visit from an old friend who just found out I was sick, and she stopped by for several hours late this morning. We also spent much of the day bonding with our new kitty and trying to coax Bo Bo out of Molly's room!
After picking up the kids from school, Cameron stayed home to babysit the boys -- Nate, Isaac, and Will. Molly, Annie, and I then went to Carrie's house. Carrie is a friend from church and our Bible Study group. She had a stroke several years ago. One of her favorite things to do is quilting, but since her stroke -- it is challenging for her to do. So, we had the great idea that she could teach us how to do it -- and maybe between all of us we could create something beautiful!
We had a really fun time tonight and Carrie taught us how to cut the squares and sew them on the sewing machine doing a continuous seam. Next time, we are going to meet at JoAnn's and buy fabric. We will each be making a small quilt. I am going to make mine for my favorite Dr. Cohen whose wife is expecting a baby girl in the next month.

After our quilting fun, we took a drive over to the bank and to 7-11. We also went to Pet Smart and picked up some needed supplies for our new kitty as well as some things for Bo Bo and Bingo. We found A LOT of stuff, but it sure was fun! We hit Del Taco on the way home and brought food home for dinner. We didn't make it home until almost 8 p.m. and the house was pretty much demolished! Bu the kids were happy. So, we had dinner, the kids did baths/showers, and we cleaned up the house. Molly's friend, Regina, came over and stayed for dinner and didn't go home until LATE!!!

Right now, I am going to sign off and doing a few things before bed. Tomorrow should be busy as I always feel the need to prep the house before my chemo. And Bill is coming home just in time to lead our Heaven Bible Study at 7 p.m.

I am posting pictures of me quilting today so that you can see what I'm looking like off of Prednisone and without chemo for two months. I'm hoping to keep the hair that I've managed to grow again! But we'll see what happens during the next 6 months! Being bald can be liberating and you can get ready so much faster! So it's really a win-win situation!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: