Facebook Badge

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

GOOD MORNING, SUNSHINE!!!






Above are some pictures of our camping weekend at Lake Isabella!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends!
Well, I thought I'd share the unbelievable this morning. I've been up since 7:20, and I am still going. I had to drive Cam and Molly to school this morning as Bill had an early morning meeting at work. So, the kids dragged me out of bed. I had put Molly's hair in rag rollers, so she had curls this morning after we took them out. And I always make their lunches in the morning. They are especially chatty in the morning, so it's a nice time to hang out with them.
I went to bed last night after 1 a.m. The good news is that I finally caught up on my laundry by staying up that late. I had a bit of trouble sleeping, so I was up from 3:30-5 a.m. I can take Ambien, my sleeping pill, as needed -- but if you don't have 8 hours of time to sleep, you can't really do it. Plus it tends to leave me feeling really groggy in the morning. So, I avoid it if at all possible. Anyway, I was surprised to feel half-way decent upon waking this morning with so little sleep. So, on the way home from taking the kids to school -- I stopped at 7-11 for a Big Gulp and a Power Bar in hopes of staying awake. And so far it's going well.
We still have June gloom going right now, so I'm going to walk this morning while the sun is still hiding. Then we'll do homeschooling. I also want to recycle with the boys today, because I have a ton. We usually make enough money to go out for lunch! And tonight Bill has his Men's Group. After putting the younger boys to bed tonight, I really need to grocery shop -- so I plan to put the older kids in charge.
Anyway, those are my plans. But you know the saying, "If you want to hear God laugh, just tell Him your plans!" So, I'm sure things will happen in a different way than I've planned for the day. I'll just try to go with the flow. The key is to ride the waves of life instead of getting knocked over by them! But then, we all have those days when we get knocked over and are laying there flat on our backs asking, "What Happened?"
More tomorrow ...
Much Love,
Michele

P.S. -- Happy Birthday, Richard Twohig. Today my Dad is 67 years old if I've calculated correctly!

No comments: