Facebook Badge

Monday, June 15, 2009

MONDAY ...

Hi Friends!

I'm really not feeling well today -- my stomach has been very upset and my headache has been excruciating! So, I spent most of the day in bed -- sleeping and then just laying around watching TV. The kids came up one by one to talk, watch TV, play cards with me, etc. We had a bit of excitement late this afternoon when our upstairs toilet overflowed. It overflowed through that whole room, and then rained down into the downstairs bathroom which is right below it. After filling the downstairs bathroom, the poopy water moved through the front entrance and into the shoe closet. After that, because of the way the house is angled, it moved into the the pantry in our kitchen. So, we had a lot of fun, fun, fun cleaning that all up. Cam, Molly, Annie, and, I must have used 50 old rag towels wiping it up. Then we had to call Annie's Dad to help us get the poopy water out of our ceiling (transclucent over the lights) tiles. He came over like a good sport as did Ty and Terri and they even helped us to disinfect the bathrooms.

Terri also brought us dinner tonight. We had Barbequed chicken, corn on the cob, fresh bread, and pasta salad. I heard that it was really good, but I was only able to manage the pasta salad and bread. That was an accomplishment, seeing how I had only kept down cherry 7-up earlier in the day. After the bathrooms were de-flooded and put back together and everyone ate, people started showing up for our 7 p.m. Chronic Illness Small Group. Since I was under the weather, Annie led it for us tonight.

That's about all... Please pray my head and stomach start to feel better. And that we have no further floods at our house. Only 2 more days of school for Cam and Molly!

More tomorrow...
Love,
Michele

No comments: