Facebook Badge

Friday, June 5, 2009

I'M TAKING THE DAY OFF...


This is our sweet cat Bo Bo, the ultimate expert in being laid-back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends!
Well, I was planning to take it easy today, and that is what I did. After sending Cam and Molly off to school and Bill off to work, I lay back down for some much-needed sleep. Brandon was over today to hang out with Nate and Isaac. Even though it was raining, they spent much of the day outside building elaborate skateboarding ramps. It must be fun to be a little boy! I was reminded of this saying, though -- "Mothers of little boys work from son-up to son-down!" They do seem to create chaos and mess everywhere they go. But I say, "Oh well! Life is messy, and cleaning it up is overrated!"
I got up at noon to make sure nobody had burned down the house, and I made them macaroni and cheese for lunch. Not that they can't feed themselves, but by this time there were many poptart boxes and sodas strewn about. So, even with my illness, I have the occasional need to act like a real Mom and feed them real food.
I then went back to bed until 2 p.m., snuggling with my sweet cat BoBo. I did manage to get up and shower before it was time to retrieve Cam and Molly from school. Shirlene decided to leave work early today, so she picked up Brandon, Nate, and Isaac by 2:45 p.m. to go to Palmdale for the night! I LOVE SHIRLENE!!! I picked up Cameron and Molly from school, and then we took another trip back to Molly's school for good measure! Apparently, she had forgotten her science book in her locker at Hillside Middle School, which I felt was needed for her to do her science final project this weekend. It is due on Monday, and she hasn't started yet. She has to do a slideshow on the computer, summarizing her favorite chapter from the science book. She explained to me that she didn't really need the book, because after all -- she knows what the chapter is about -- plants!!! But mean mother that I am, I forced her to go and get it! I think she'll thank me later if I don't throttle her first!
After that, I did a bit of housework, and I am currently watching some TV. I am actually watching some really great religious programming on TV right now. I haven't been to church for a few weeks due to illness and being out of town. I am definitely looking forward to going on Saturday.
It's really quiet here right now with just Cameron and Molly home and doing their own things. Bill worked late, and he just called to say he's stopping to have a band added to his tattoo before coming home! He has a Bible verse and cross on his arm, and he has wanted for a long time to have a band of footprints put around it. They will symbolize our Walk to Emmaeus. I'm really just jealous, because it will be a long time before I can get another one. We both have tattoos for each other. He has an angel with my name on his arm, and I have a lion with his name on my back. After 18 years of marriage, we figured it was safe to permanently ink our names on each other! I said I would never get another tattoo because they are so PAINFUL, but I've now decided I'll get one more after my whole lupus/chemo journey has passed to remember it by. So, it will probably be 12 small flowers with a butterfly and a Bible verse. We'll see. I have plenty of time to plan it, because right now I think my doctors will kill me if I even broach the subject of getting a tattoo.
I am going to lay back down. Cam and Molly are making their own dinner. And Bill has promised to bring me Chinese food for us to eat in bed together we he gets home. What a romantic husband I have!
More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: