Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 27, 2009

HOME IMPROVEMENT !!!




Hi Friends!
As you can see, Bill and Itty Bitty Kitty were busy on home improvements today. Actually, it was mostly Cam and Bill doing the work -- but suprisingly (or not!) Cam didn't let me take any pictures of him. They were putting the outer wall on Cam and Isaac's bedroom, which was formerly a loft. I awoke this afternoon to the sounds of Bill sawing off the handrail. VERY LOUD!!! And it was a bit scary seeing him and Cam lift the huge pieces of drywall up so high. Then, I mostly tried not to watch while he did all the ladder work. Our whole house is done in a stucco-type finish. So, after putting up the drywall and taping it, he spent the rest of the day plastering. Tomorrow it should be dry and ready to paint. We had a huge problem keeping Itty Bitty out of the dust and the joint compound. She is definitely very curious, which is cute sometimes -- but today it was a little annoying for Bill!
I am still dealing with my chemo sleepiness. Bill had the day off, and he and the kids let me sleep until almost 2:30 p.m. I finally got up and moving, and I managed to sort and organize the upstairs hallway, bathroom, and my bedroom. That was a real feat, because our closet was a disaster! And then, at 9 p.m., Molly decided we should do her room. I was about ready for bed, but I decided I'd better go with it while she was willing! She wants a more grown-up teenager room, so she sorted through her stuff and is giving a lot of her toys to our good friend and neighbor, Heather.
Anyway, we finished around 11 p.m. Tomorrow and Sunday, I am hoping to do the boys' rooms. Cam and Isaac's won't be bad, but Nate is like a mad scientist and his room reflects his personality! I also need to grocery shop this weekend, and we'll go to church on Saturday night.
Nate is spending the night at Brandon's and Shirlene will bring them back early tomorrow morning, so I'm going to sign off now and go to bed.
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: