Facebook Badge

Sunday, June 14, 2009

SLEEPY SUNDAY!!!







Hi Friends!
As you can see Princess Bella AKA Missy Belle AKA Buttercup is getting lots of love. I guess we haven't settled on a name yet, because the kids seem to keep changing it. Luckily, she doesn't really care. She is a very loving and playful cat! Bo Bo, our other cat, is slowly adjusting and not as upset about the new kitten, although I wouldn't say they're friendly yet. But I think they will be after some time.
I am doing fairly well after chemo. Bill left for Washington D.C. at 4:30 a.m. I got up early and made him some breakfast -- eggs and coffee. Then I sent him off and went back to bed. I slept on and off until about 1 p.m. I'd wake up every now and again for about 1/2 hour and check on the kids. They did a good job this morning, and the big kids held down the fort.
Eventually I woke up for the day in the afternoon. Nate and Isaac went over to Judi's to play for a bit with Will and Heather. I helped Cameron with an essay on Shakespeare that he needed to write for English. I love Shakespeare, so it was a great thing for us to collaborate on. However, the timing wasn't the best to do it today. I had major waves of nausea coming and going, but luckily there was no throwing up today.
Annie came over in the afternoon, and she will be staying with us until Bill returns on Friday. She brought "Yes Man" and "Paul Blart, Mall Cop," so we got to watch those today. That was fun! We had left-over chicken and macaroni and cheese (still from Barbara and Tom, Thanks:))
for dinner, and Annie brought Baskin-Robbins ice cream for dessert. We had Reese's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream, and it was a real hit with the kids. I enjoyed a little bit of it, too -- that was the most I've eaten in the past few days. So, it was good!
I got the kids to bed a little late, and now I feel very wide awake -- my sleep schedule has been very off since chemo. I just sleep when I'm tired, which may or may not be at nighttime.
Cam and Molly have school until Wednesday of this week. Cameron is off at 12:21 each day, however, because he is doing finals. And Molly goes until 3 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, and then is off early on Wednesday. I am done with the official homeschooling year for Nate and Isaac -- although we will still be learning and doing activities, of course, during the summer. We'll mostly focus on the basics -- reading, writing, 'rthmetic, and we need to do more social studies as we didn't finish our studies in that this school year. But, I am definitely looking forward to summer with more freedom and not having to get the kids anywhere at certain times.
I'll try to write more tomorrow.
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: