Facebook Badge

Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!







These are some pictures of our 2 new kitties. Itty Bitty Kitty (3 lbs and 8 weeks old) belongs to Nate. Puss 'n Boots (10 lbs and 1 year old) belongs to Isaac.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Friends!
Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there! I just called my Dad in Wisconsin, and he is doing well. Since he's taken up golfing again in his retirement, we sent him personalized golf balls that say, "Happy Father's Day, Grandpa Rick!!!" He seemed pleased with them. And of course, I am thrilled to have my husband and the father of my children back at our house! Bill arrived home on Friday at around noon. He cancelled his Washington D.C. trip for this coming week, so I'll have him home for the forseeable future. Praise God!

I'm sorry I haven't blogged for a while. On Friday we got up in the A.M. and did some errands. I had promised the kids a while back a trip to 7-11, so we started there. We also went to the bank and then to Pet Smart. We got a few things there (most interesting was a companion green anole for Cameron's lizard -- now we have Annie and Alex lizards), but we had specifically gone to get new tags for Itty Bitty and Puss 'n Boots (the 2 new cats). Unfortunately, their tag engraving machine was down -- so we'll have to come back. Then we drove over to Lemon Park, where there is water play for the kids. We let the kids play and run around in the water, and when Bill arrived home, he drove over on his motorcycle to join us. We spent the afternoon around home. Then in the late afternoon, Bill took me and the 3 younger kids out for a ride. I was getting a bit stir-crazy at home. We drove over towards Malibu and stopped at the beach. Cameron stayed home and took delivery of our dinner -- a lasagna and salad made with love by Sylvia. We ended up out longer than intended, though -- and stopped at McDonald's for dinner in Camarillio on our way home. We arrived home around 9 p.m. and I went straight to bed. I think the rest of my family pulled a late-nighter!
On Saturday -- I slept until 3 p.m. and it was heavenly! Bill was busy doing household repairs. It turned out that our water flood from the toilets had tripped a circuit, knocking out the house alarm and the refrigerator outlet, causing it to defrost. Make sense! He replaced the outlets and circuit, and all is better. When I finally joined the world of the living on Saturday afternoon, the kids and I tidied up around the house. Then we all got ready and went to 5:30 p.m. church. It was really nice to be back to church and worship!!! After church we stopped at Albertson's -- we needed a few things, most specifically soda and fruit. Our friends, Tom and Barbara, from our Chronic Illness Small Group had blessed us with a $100 gift card for Albertson's "to replace our freezer damaged food" -- so we were able to use that, and it was very nice. We got home around 8 p.m. and had left-overs for dinner. Shortly after that, I again went to bed earlier than the rest of my family.
This morning, I got up a bit earlier than yesterday, and I was moving by 10:30 a.m. I have a sinus infection and a low-grade fever, so I am hoping my immune-compromised system can fight it off. I'll see how it goes today, and then call Dr. Cohen tomorrow to see if he wants to start me on antibiotics. The kids and I still have some last minute preparations to make for Bill's Father's Day celebration -- he's going to Target soon, and we're going to use that time to make him some cards. I also need to run out and pick him up a present. But, what to buy for the man who has everything? Then at 5:30 we are going to take him out to dinner at a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser for David Lavoie. He is a local man who was in a severe bicycle accident, which has put him into a coma. This dinner is by donation only with all proceeds going to his family. Since we probably would have taken Bill out to dinner anyway -- this seems like an opportunity to bless him while also blessing others for a good cause.

I will attempt to blog more tomorrow...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: