Facebook Badge

Friday, June 19, 2009

THURSDAY...

Hi Friends ...

My sleeping schedule has been really off these days, because I am just sleeping when I'm tired, which is not necessarily at night. That's why I'm blogging now instead of sleeping. I did not help myself today by accidentally taking my nighttime meds in the morning, and then I had to take my morning meds at bedtime. That, of course, made me sleepy during the day and awake at night. Oh well! Nothing like a good screw up on the first day of summer!

The kids all slept in this morning. And I have a list of chores for them to do each day. Everyone did really well with that today. They spent the rest of the day just enjoying being off, and they all had some friends over. I am feeling a lot better -- I think I'm almost over the chemo effects. On Wednesday, I'll get to go in for my bloodwork, and then if all is good -- I will be officially out of my bubble. Of course, I'm cheating already, though!

Tonight we had dinner brought to us by LeAnn, and it was really good -- beef and mashed potatoes, rolls, and squash! We also had our weekly Heaven Bible Study at our house. Annie led it since Bill is still out of town. I wasn't quite up for public viewing, so I hung out upstairs with the kids. We rented Bedtime Stories and snuggled in my bed watching it. Then we played some card games. After Bible Study, I had the brilliant idea to make chocolate chip cookies. Kind of crazy because I've just begun eating again -- but I had a craving, and of course -- the kids told me to go with it! So, we made a bunch of cookies with Scooby Doo sprinkles. And then we spent time bonding with the kitties. We have another new one who is 1 year old and named Puss 'n Boots. She is beautiful, long-haired, and gray. So, I think we have reached our official limit of cats! At least until we move to a farm. Maybe Someday!!!

Tomorrow I have promised the kids a trip to 7-11 after they do their chores. We are also going to go to Lemon Park where they have water play for the younger kids. And I need to stop at PetSmart and the bank. Bill is due to get back into Burbank around 10:30 a.m., so I'm expecting him home around noon if there are no glitches. He does have a tight connection in Dallas! And he was supposed to be going back to Washington D.C. on Sunday, but it sounds like he may have gotten out of it. That, of course, would make me very happy!

More tomorrow .. or should I say later today!

Much Love,
Michele

P.S. -- Princess Bella's name has officially been changed to Itty Bitty Kitty. It fits her to a T! She is Nate's cat. And Puss is Isaac's. Of course, Bo Bo has always been Molly's. And Cam's claiming his lizard and Bingo. And then the boys still have the hamsters -- although they are being neglected with all the new cats. What a zoo! And I mean that literally!

No comments: