Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 6, 2009

TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY...







These are a few more pictures of our recent camping trip at Lake Isabella -- AKA, my last hurrah before 6 more months of chemo. And the last two pictures are of Bill's tattoo. He just had the footprints added last night -- symbolic of our Walk to Emmaeus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends,

I'm feeling much better today. So, my challenge will be not to overdo it. I'm going to spend the day puttering around the house, and this afternoon we will go to 5:30 church. Brandon and the boys are outside skateboarding, Molly is outside juggling, and Cameron is what else -- watching TV. I just reminded him that he needs to cut the grass today, but he has decided to put it off until the last possible moment and do it after church tonight. I can't say that I blame him!

Bill's tattoo turned out nicely, and he was home by 9:30 last night with our Chinese food. I'm including some pictures for you. He is currently outside changing the oil on his beloved Harley-Davidson motorcycle!

And rather than boring you today with the details of my life and illness, I thought I'd share this. My sister-in-law, Shawnna, sent it to me a few months ago. I think it is too funny!
TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY ...

1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hairdryer at passing cars.
See if they slow down.

2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

4. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine
addictions, switch to espresso.

5. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For Marijuana"

6. Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."

7. Skip down the hall rather than walk and see how many looks you get.

8. Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
9. Specify that your drive-through order is "To Go."

10. Sing along at the opera.

11. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.

12. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you have a headache.

13. When the money comes out of the ATM, scream "I WON! I WON!"

14. When leaving the zoo, start running for the parking lot, yelling "Run for your lives! They're
loose!"

15. Tell your children over dinner, "Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you
go."

16. And the final way to keep a healthy level of insanity. Share this with someone else to make
them smile. It's called THERAPY!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: