Facebook Badge

Monday, June 22, 2009

MONDAY, MONDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

I am really enjoying the summer, and the kids and I all slept in. Then I lounged around the house until about 2 p.m. in my pajamas. We officially counted the animals in our zoo today:
6 hamsters (Mom,Dad, and 4 babies) + 2 lizards+3 cats+1 dog=12 animals. We were busy taking care of them all today especially the baby hamsters. I received 2 new hamster cages from friendly folks on Freecycle.org., so we were setting those up today. The mom is still with the babies, and the dad is now in his own cage. We'll use the other cage for the baby hamsters when they can be sexed and separated from Mama. Hopefully, we'll do well with this litter (learning experience!) and take a break from hamster babies for a while.

This afternoon I showered and the kids helped me with some housework. Besides the usual, we cleaned out the front coat closet, getting rid of old shoes and storing winter gear. We also sorted and put away all of our school gear and made the dining room look like a nice dining room again, rather than school central. And since all the cats are eating out of one bowl anyway, we consolidated the cat food and posted all the extra bowls on Freecyle.

The kids played outside, biking and doing what kids do -- whatever that is! Before we knew it, it was 6:30. I quickly fed the kids left-overs for dinner and sent them upstairs before my Chronic Illness Bible Study members showed up. We have a very nice group of 10 people, and I hope they're getting as much out of being in the group as I am leading it. Today our topic was "I Feel So Guilty." We learned to focus on the grace that God has provided us so that we don't have to live with guilt. Our Bible verse for the week was 2 Cor 9:8 -- "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

On that note, I'll sign off for the day ...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: