Facebook Badge

Thursday, April 2, 2009

THURSDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

Where has the week gone? I don't know, but it's been busy and I feel bad that I haven't blogged since Monday. I did manage to get Bill to walk Monday night, but we haven't walked since then. It's hard because Tuesdays is Boy Scouts, and Wednesdays he has his Men's Group for church. Maybe tonight? I hope -- but we're under the gun on a project that Molly has due tomorrow for Social Studies. They're studying medieval times, and she had to construct an instrument of torture. I've been joking it will be the new timeout chair, because she decided to make a chair of torture. Sometimes, I think the teachers are just trying to torture the parents. I spent hours last night gluing spiky nails on a large plastic chair with her. We even had to send Alice out for 10 more lbs of roofing nails when we ran out, and my teenage drama queen was freaking out! We did manage to get most of the nails glued on last night. So, tonight we need to put the straps on. Apparently Molly and Bill are planning to uses dog collars for that. I hope to not be involved.

Nate has also had some behavior issues this week. We are still working with his therapist to handle it in the best way possible. He is currently grounded to his room until Saturday. If he manages to earn back our trust by Saturday, he will be set free. If not, another week. He has his toys and is allowed to watch educational TV. But no computer, gameboy, or PS2. And I'm homeschooling him separately in his room. He's only to come out for meals. It's difficult and more work for me. Also hard for Isaac -- but necessary!

Add to that, we took Molly to the orthodontist yesterday. And we did a grocery run. We also organized the kids' rooms this week, so that they might be able to keep them neater. And today, I need to catch up on everything because --

On Friday I am leaving for a Women's Retreat offered by our church. It's entitled "Practicing Trust in Times of Transition." So, I definitely NEED to be there. Annie is going with me, and it's in Encino from Friday - Sunday. I am looking forward to a few days off to rest, relax, recharge, and get closer to God!

I'll try to blog tomorrow before leaving or else on Sunday when I return ... Off to finish Isaac's homeschooling, and then I'll be moving upstairs to Nate. Luckily for me Terry stopped by this morning and offered to make us chicken noodle soup for dinner. So, I don't need to worry about dinner. I am so blessed by my support network of Fletcher Street girls!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: