Facebook Badge

Friday, April 10, 2009

I'M IN THE EASTER MOOD ...

Savior, He can move the mountains.
Our God is mighty to save,
He is mighty to save.
Forever, Author of Salvation.
He rose and conquered the grave.
Jesus conquered the grave.

Hi Friends!

I'm in the Easter mood today. The kids had their last day of school yesterday, so last night was nice and relaxing. No homework, no lunches to make (except Bill's) -- but you get the idea.
We hard-boiled the Easter eggs last night, and Isaac was in my bed this morning asking to dye them. He was very excited, but I was hard to convince. He did finally drag me out of bed, though -- and we dyed the eggs. Molly and Isaac did the eggs with me, and we had a good time. Nate did one egg, and Cameron was too cool to do any!

After doing the Easter eggs in the late morning, I made brunch. It was questionable what the kids had made themselves for breakfast -- so we had a nice brunch of cinnamon rolls and breakfast sausages. Right now everyone is lounging around the house -- mostly still in their PJ's. I'm going to go and take a shower before it's time to drop off Nate and Isaac for their Friday night sleep-over at Shirlene's.

Yesterday, Molly and I hit the dollar store to buy Easter basket goodies. So, I think tonight we'll do the Easter baskets while the boys are gone. It's nice to have older children who like to be "holiday helpers!"

We are also hoping to make it to our Good Friday church service tonight at 7:30. I'm concerned about whether Bill will make it home in time, though. He's left super-early and gotten home super-late most nights this week. All I know is that there is an important admiral in this week!
I feel like I haven't seen Bill for a while. But, I do feel blessed that I'm feeling good enough to parent the kids and run my household alone when necessary! I am also happy that in this economy -- Bill's job is secure unlike so many others. Anyway, if Bill doesn't make it home in time for church, then I think we'll watch "Passion of the Christ," which is always a good thing to see in the season of Lent.

Molly is currently setting up plans with a friend to go see "Hannah Montana -- The Movie" tomorrow. She and Tiffany are absolutely thrilled about it coming out! It's nice for her to get to do some "girl things"!

More later...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: