Facebook Badge

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Saturday ...

Hi Friends!

It's Easter Eve -- is that a word? And I'm off to a slow start. I was up a lot of last night coughing -- the kind of cough that once you start, you can't stop. So, I slept in until 10 a.m. this morning. Luckily for me, Bill was more responsible and got up to corral the boys around 8 a.m. Shirlene usually brings them quite early on her way to work. My antibiotics go until tomorrow, so I'm hoping I won't have to start a 3rd course!

But I was forced to get up eventually as I had promised Molly and Tiffany (her friend) that I'd take them to the Hannah Montana movie today. Tiffany came over by 11:15 and I drove them over to the theater for the 12 p.m. movie. There was no line because our theater was showing the movie in multiple theaters every hour. They really enjoyed the movie and then went out to lunch at Carl's Jr., which is nearby. Cameron joined them there. Cam and Molly are very close, and they got much closer during my illness this year. So, Molly and Tiffany had invited him along today. He, of course, didn't want to see Hannah Montana, but he was more than happy to join them for lunch. As he said, "Teen-aged boys love to EAT!!!" And pat on my back -- Cameron and Molly had both saved and used their allowance money for this outing.

So, I dropped off Cam at Carl's Jr and let him hang out with the girls awhile. I thought it was good for him to get out of his box! While waiting for them, I drove over to 7-11 to get my daily Big Gulp, and I also picked up Slurpees for Brandon, Nate, and Isaac. Bill and those boys were over at Shirlene's Barber shop so that Bill could get a hair cut. So, I met up with them there. Bill and my boys were leaving, and Shirlene was cutting Brandon's hair. So, I hung out there for a bit chatting with Shirlene. Then I went back to pick up Cam, Molly, and Tiffany at Carl's Jr. They were all in a pleasant mood, and Tiffany is now at our house hanging out with Molly. Bill just loves giggly girls! But at least, I understand them more than our WILD and CRAZY boys.

Today we are going to Easter service at our church at 5:30 p.m. So, it's almost time to start getting the kids to take baths/showers and get ready. Cam just finished mowing the grass -- I love having teenagers! I told the kids they need to clean up their bedrooms, too -- in case the Easter bunny wants to hop in and leave anything. Of course, they all told me they don't believe in the Easter bunny, but they don't mind if I leave them something. Talk about letting Mom down easily! Not surprising as we've always focused more on the true meaning of Easter! We did make it to Friday night service last night, too -- so that was a nice way to start the weekend. It was sobering and touching at the same time to reflect on my Savior dying on a cross for me.

Tomorrow we are looking forward to sleeping in, Easter stories, Easter baskets, and our traditional Easter feast. I feel very blessed this year and at this time of my life. In the hospital, on my first day of chemo, Bill read to me from Ecclesiastes. You know ... "For every time, there is a season ... a time to laugh ... a time to cry ..., etc." I remember thinking this must be my season of weeping, because all I could do was cry. But life is looking up, and it only gets better from here.

So, Happy Easter ... Christ has risen for me and for you ... He has risen indeed!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: