Facebook Badge

Friday, April 3, 2009

I'M OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD ....


Hi Friends!


I just have a few minutes to blog before starting to pack up for my women's retreat. Annie and I are aiming to leave at 4ish. That way we can stop for dinner and to pick up a few things before getting to Encino at 6 tonight. We have to bring something symbolic of a transition in our life to the retreat. I'm bringing this picture. I printed it out last night, and also looked through a bunch of other pictures taken during my illness/chemo. It really hit me even though I had seen the pictures before -- last night it was like seeing them for the first time. I had a good cry and realized that I've been so busy taking care of everybody and just dealing with the illness -- that I haven't taken the time to process the whole experience! So, I think I'm going to be where I'm supposed to be this weekend!
Molly took her chair of torture into school this morning with Bill. When they stopped in the office, the vice principal was not happy to hear of her teacher's project. There were other kids bringing in weapons as well, but Bill said Molly's took the cake. Anyway, she started to have a melt-down, but the vice principal told her it was a great project, but the teacher would have to come to the office to grade it. Poor Mr. Kingsbury is probably not having the best day -- I have a feeling. So, the chair of torture continues to live up to its name.
After that morning experience as well as dropping off Cameron -- Bill took Nate to his therapy appointment. His testing came back showing he still has some type of mood disorder along with the ADHD, OCD, and autistic-like behavior. So, we'll take those results to the psychiatrist who may able to work some more medicine magic. Meanwhile Dr. Barrus, the therapist, worked with Nate and Bill on some coping strategies. Nate is still grounded to his room, but his attitude is looking better and he may just make his parole date of midnight Saturday.
Meanwhile, Isaac and I ran errands this morning -- we went to Smart and Final for groceries, the bank, and the pharmacy. Isaac also got to spend his allowance. He had saved up for a month ($20) and he chose to buy a model car and go to Jamba Juice. We had a good time together!
After getting home and unpacking everything and cleaning up and getting the house ready for my departure (you Moms know what I mean -- doing laundry, etc. because you know it won't happen while you're gone!), I realized I had forgotten several imperative items. So, back I went to the store, cursing this Swiss-cheese brain! (Men, don't read the rest of this paragraph!) I had forgotten to buy maxi-pads for Molly, and whenever I ask Bill to do it he comes back with panti-liners. I couldn't do that to my teenaged drama queen or my husband. Also, I had bought all kinds of salad dressing and came home to discover all the lettuce was bad. So, I picked up some salad, too -- want to encourage my husband to be heart-healthy while I'm gone.
Anyway -- I'm finally off to pack and start on my weekend adventure down the yellow brick road. Luckily, I'm leaving the munchkins with Bill!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: