Facebook Badge

Monday, April 13, 2009

SKIPPING THROUGH SPRING BREAK!!!

Hi Friends!

Well, I am officially loving spring break! Molly and Cam are off for the whole week, so we homeschoolers decided to take the week off, too. When Bill left for work this morning, he said that everyone was still asleep. I managed to stay in bed until noonish, and the kids were happy to hang around playing with their Easter haul and watching TV all morning. When I got up, Cam and Molly informed me that they had just served their younger siblings brunch. I have such good kids! When I thanked them for letting me sleep in so late, they responded with: "Well, we know you need at least 12 hours of sleep each night to feel OK!" That is true because of the lupus (chronic fatigue) and all the meds (side effects of drowsiness) -- but I think it's so cool that my kids can understand that, accept it, and just be glad that I am better again!

After getting myself up, Molly, Nate, and Isaac and I went for an afternoon walk. The boys rode their scooters, and Molly and I power-walked to keep up with them. We went on a nice meadering walk with the little boys until they were tired out. Then we dropped them off at home with Cam. Cam loves to pace out in front of our house or out back around the pool -- but he wouldn't dream of going on an actual walk! Molly and I walked another mile around the Fletcher loop, and then joined all the kids at home. We all spent the afternoon at home. The kids did some swimming, some chores, and just some good old hanging out! I even got some laundry done and the bathrooms cleaned. The maids come every other week -- and with 4 boys in the house, our bathrooms can't go that long! Unless you have very low standards, that is!

Alice came back from Anaheim this afternoon and saved me with my daily Double Big Gulp. She also was a calm presence while Nate was having his daily afternoon melt-down -- usually occurs around 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. each day when his whole world falls apart! Bill came home arounnd 6:30 and Annie stayed for dinner. We had chili-cheese-cornbread casserole with corn sneaked in it! We also had salad and brownies left over from Easter dinner.

After dinner, Bill went to Target on his weekly med run. Then he, Molly, and I went for a long walk. It was very nice, very challenging, and we went in some areas that we had never explored before. We got some good exercise, and we even took Bingo along. It's nice for me to walk after dark because I don't have to worry about the sun. It's also a good time for Bingo to walk because there aren't many other dogs out. He is freakish about other dogs, to say the least!

We just got home a little while ago. I am going to empty the dishwasher and finish the laundry. Then I will watch some TV before bed. Bill has a bit of work that he brought home, too. The boys are all upstairs watching a movie, and Molly is e-mailing Grandma Lu.

Tomorrow Molly and Cam have dental appointments. We are also planning a trip to the library. Some kids (read -- Isaac and Molly) are more excited about that than others (read -- Nate and Cam). Oh well, you can't please everyone all the time! And I'm the parent who knows what's best for them. At least that's what I keep telling them and me!

On a final note -- I thought I'd share a story about Mother Theresa. She spent hours of every day praying. When asked if that wasn't tedious and what she said to God for all that time -- She said, " I listen." Then she was asked, "Well, what does he say for all that time!" She responded, "He listens." So, when praying these days -- I have been doing more listening, and I find myself more blessed. And at the same time, God listens too while I am in quiet communion with Him. I encourage you to do the same.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: