Facebook Badge

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

THE SUNSHINE IS KILLING ME!!!

Hi Friends!

I made a huge mistake yesterday, and I thought that I could be "normal" and swim laps in my sunny pool! It was great while I did it, but you'd think I'd know better by now. CNS lupus + sunshine = severe pain! Won't make that mistake again! By last night all my joints were killing me, my head was severely aching, and I was fatigued in a very bad way. I went to bed super early, and I slept in super late. I was still feeling pretty bad today, and I discovered I was out of Xanax -- bad combination. Without Xanax I have much anxiety and my hands shake worse than usual! Couple that with Nate being -- Nate -- or shall we say a bit challenging! And homeschooling was a bit more challenging than usual. Whenever I left Nate unattended for more than a minute -- something crazy happened! Example Number 1 : Nate disappears. Bad sign. I yell outside, "Nate, what are you doing?" He says, "A project!" I look around the corner and find him sitting on our trash cans, sawing LONG (think about 8 feet!) pieces of wood. He was making stilts! Example Number 2: I find him outside, standing on a chair trying to cut my windchimes using the dog's nail clipper. He was planning to "cut a key off." I could go on and on, but you get the idea!

So, this afternoon the cleaners came, and we vacated the building for everyone's sanity. Annie and I took the boys to Shirlene's for haircuts. We then went to McDonald's for a late lunch. By the time we were done with that, it was time to pick up Cam and Molly from school. Temps were still close to 100, so we brought them some nice cool sodas!

Now that we're home -- we've been swimming and hanging out in the air conditioning! Cam and Bill have Boy Scouts tonight. Annie brought us chicken alfredo from CostCo, so we're making that for dinner. And other than that -- we're planning an early bedtime. Tomorrow is Molly's 13th birthday, so we are taking her to DisneyLand. Bill will be home with the boys! I'm looking forward to a "girlie day," but I'm hoping the temperature is better tomorrow, and I'll have to watch my sun intake!

Much Love,
Michele

P.S. -- Thanks for the shorts, Terry! They're a perfect fit for Cameron. Gotta love the Fletcher Street girls!

No comments: