Facebook Badge

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

STILL LOVING SPRING BREAK!!!

Hi Friends!

Well, we're still loving Spring Break here at the Bland house -- that is everyone except Bill who's had work as usual. We all slept in late again. I was still lounging in bed around 11 a.m. when Alice called and offered to take us out for lunch. She was up early and already on her way back from an appointment at UCLA. So, I got up -- yelled at the kids to stop all the munching that might be going on downstairs. When she arrived, we went to Carl's Jr. The little kids got to play in the playland, and we all had a great time. We followed that up with a trip to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream dessert. Thanks so much Alice!

By the time we got home, it was late afternoon. We did some chores around the house, and then I decided to go over to Judi's to walk on her treadmill. It was really cold and windy outside today, so I didn't much feel like walking outside. Nate and Isaac came with me. They watched me and talked with me while I did a 2 mile walk. (Had to work off the taco salad and ice cream!) Then they both had a chance to walk on the treadmill. They really enjoyed it -- especially Nate, so I think I'll let them do it more often!

By the time we finished that and did a few more household things, Bill was coming home for dinner. We had left-overs, and that made it nice because no preparations were necessary. I've had a nasty headache all day! After dinner Bill left for his Wednesday night Men's Group. The kids did their baths/showers and are all watching a movie in Cam and Isaac's room right now.

I am going to tidy up in the family room, and then I will attempt to go to bed at a reasonable time tonight. It's time to start getting back into more of a regular bedtime/waking up routine. Tomorrow we are going to visit Bill at his new office on base. The kids are excited to see it. We don't often see Dad at work since he works on base and it's so far away. We are planning to bring him some kid-made artwork for his empty walls. And he has offered to take us out to lunch. So, it should be fun all around. And then in the late afternoon, Shirlene is planning to do haircuts on all of the kids.

More tomorrow...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: