Facebook Badge

Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Saturday in the Life of the Blands ...












Hi Friends!
This is a day in the life of our family. Today is a Saturday, and I am proud of myself because I got my gardening project done. It may not look like a lot -- BUT, see pictures above. I had to pull out all of the old dead flowers, pour in a bag of new soil (very heavy), plant the new plants, and cover with the beautiful red bark. And then of course, clean up the huge mess I'd made. Molly, Nate, and Isaac all came out to help me -- some helped more than others. Bill was concerned about me being outside today as it's 90 degrees. So, I tried not to stay out too long. But I was impressed with my stamina. A year ago I couldn't even shower without getting exhausted. So, having the energy to plan, buy supplies, and carry out this type of project was a big deal for me. The only problem is -- now I'm itching to do 2 other larger flower beds in the front yard. I'm planning to plant roses and daisies. But, I have to control myself and divide the big projects into smaller, more doable sections.
I also included a picture of orange poppies that we picked at the park this week. They're my favorite color and always make me so happy. I have since found out that since they are the state flower, they are illegal to pick. So, I guess I've been getting away with my life of crime so far.
The snail is a new pet that Nate and Isaac found while we were gardening. They named him Gary after Sponge Bob's pet snail and rehomed him to a plastic container new habitat. I just hope he can survive all their love and care! Perhaps after a few days I can convince them to release him back into the wild.
So, everyone is up to something today as you can see by the pictures. Molly is swimming, and Cameron is eating. He is supposed to cut the grass today. It's his Saturday chore. But he's decided to do it tonight after church since it's so hot. Nate, Isaac, and Bill are still doing demo in our backyard in order to make a place for the hot tub. Isaac just came running in all excited, saying -- "We get to knock down a brick wall...really...Dad says it's OK!" They're having a great time, and I can't wait to see the finished project. I'm really looking forward to soaking in the hot tub while the kids swim in the pool this summer.
Other than that we are planning to go to church tonight at 5:30. That tends to work better than getting us all up and ready on Sunday mornings. It's honestly mostly me with the waking up problems! The only issue with Saturday church is that you all have to stop what you're doing in time to get ready and go to church. And we get home late -- so that makes for a late dinner. But tonight I have left-over nachos -- not the best for Bill, but the kids loved them yesterday.
Speaking of Bill, he received a call from his cardiologist yesterday. He didn't like some of his lab results, so he needs to come back on Monday for yet more testing. Hopefully, we'll get his health under control soon!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: