Facebook Badge

Monday, April 6, 2009

SICKLY MONDAY ...

Hi Friends!

Feeling very sick... Sinus and respiratory issues...already on antibiotics...not working yet...hopefully, it will get better.

Started this morning after getting Cameron and Molly off to school with an 8:40 appointment to CT my bladder/kidneys. I am praying the results show no permanent damage. The test itself wasn't too bad once they found a workable vein. I am a "hard stick" for everyone except the nice ladies' at the oncologist's office. So, the nurse today got the iodine infuser (for contrast) in 3 separate veins, but every time they started to put in the iodine -- the vein would collapse. Once that finally ended -- and we got a good vein, it went well. I don't blame the nurse, I told him my veins are just tired -- too much action lately. If they decide to do chemo ever again, I will insist on a port. It took 2 hours start to finish, so Bill left for work late. The only issue with homeschooling is the little kids can't be left alone while I go places. As a result, Bill is actually still at work, but he just called to say he'd be leaving soon and not to worry!

So, after the fun of my morning appointment, I came home and did school with Nate and Isaac. Then a bit of housework -- recovering from my absence this weekend. Soon enough it was time to pick up Cam and Molly from school. Cameron went to the Getty Museum today on a field trip. He had a great time, but they were late getting back. So, we waited in the school parking lot for quite a while, not getting home until almost 4 p.m. Then after regular homework -- Molly and I went to Staples to buy supplies for her next big school project -- a poetry book which is due on Wednesday. We're going to put the finishing touches on it after I finish this. She also found out she got an A+ on her chair of torture today. But the darn thing continues to torture me. Apparently a nail fell off of it in the garage, and I stepped on it on my way to the laundry room today. OUCH!!!

The kids swam for a while this evening, and we didn't get left-overs on the table until 7:30 p.m. It's really warm again here in sunny CA with temps in the upper 80's. I hope the hormones start to help soon with my hot flashes! Otherwise, I'll be swimming in the cold pool soon, too.

Cam is entertaining the younger boys with Kung Fu Panda right now. I talked them into that instead of bedtime stories since I'm feeling so crummy! I guess I'd better go and help Molly now before it gets too late.

Please send healthy prayers my way!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: