Facebook Badge

Sunday, April 12, 2009

ATTENTION: EASTER BUNNY SIGHTING!

Hi Friends!

Happy Easter! Christ has risen ... He has risen indeed!

On a funny note, Cameron showed this picture to his siblings this morning. Apparently he surprised the Easter bunny late last night. The Easter bunny was at our house hiding baskets in the kitchen when Cameron wandered in looking for a drink in the refrigerator. Luckily, he thinks fast and managed to take this picture before the bunny hopped out into the garage. The kids were thrilled by his story and picture. And nobody seemed to notice that the bunny's head looks very similar to one of Isaac's stuffed animals.

This morning, I was glad we went to church last night. It gave us the chance to sleep in and the kids got up and were able to search for and enjoy their Easter baskets. We could hear them excitedly chattering about the baskets and Cameron's Easter bunny photo while we still lay in bed this morning.

I leisurely got up around 10 a.m. and made the kids breakfast -- blueberry muffins, cinnamon rolls, and several pounds of bacon -- always a favorite in our house. It seemed all we did was eat today, but that is a big part of the Easter celebration, I guess too! We had our main meal around 2 p.m. on the good china with champagne/sparkling cider -- the kids always love that! I was impressed with myself as this is the first holiday meal I've made since my illness hit. We had ham, scalloped potatoes, crescent rolls, asparagus with cream sauce, salad and raw veggies -- and we had brownies and cookies for dessert. Everyone was happy and very full. Most of the kids didn't even eat dessert, and nobody's been back for dinner yet. But they've been munching on their Easter basket goodies, too.

After dinner and talking with Grandma Linda on the phone -- we all watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua together. Cameron had gone to see it with Annie back when it was in the movie theater, and he had gone on and on about how funny the movie was. So, I had promised him I'd rent it for all of us when it came to PPV. We enjoyed the movie, and then everyone (except me and Cam) went outside. The little boys and Molly played gladiators (long story) and swam. Bill is working on putting in a hot tub in our back yard. That involves moving some fencing and piping around. So, he was itching to get to work on that today -- and he's not one to take a whole day off, not even for Easter. I, however, have learned the fine art of relaxing recently. So, I'm just vegging out today. Molly is currently cleaning up the kitchen for me. She just came and asked if there was "anything I can do to help?" I LOVE GIRLS!! I'm going to go help her put the china back in the cabinet, and then I'll go back to resting and relaxing!

I hope Easter has been a blessed day for you. I pray that you have been able to spend it with those who mean the most to you, and that we can all remember what a gift we have in Jesus' sacrifice!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: