Facebook Badge

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BUSY WEEK!!!








Hi Friends!

I'm sorry about no blogging this week, but with Bill gone to Virginia -- I'm a single-parent this week and it took some adjustment. Monday was rough. Bill left at 4:30 a.m., and I had to get in the swing of getting up early to get Cam and Molly off to school. I'm usually a bit spoiled because Bill takes them to school, and they get up and ready themselves -- so I can sleep in a bit later with the boys. We usually start home-school at a more reasonable 9ish. But anyway, Monday seemed to fly by, and I don't remember much of it except that I got very depressed and tired. I ended up going to bed when the kids did at 9 p.m. After a better night's sleep -- I had a better day on Tuesday.

I took Molly to Payless Shoes this week, and we also went to Goodwill. She wants to spend all her birthday money on clothes, shoes, and Barbies. So, she bought 4 new pairs of shoes at Payless and lots of clothes at GoodWill. We have a really nice GoodWill Store here in Simi with lots of stuff for cheap prices -- think 99 cents. So far, she's spent about $80 of her birthday money, and she has about $100 left. I think she wants to go somewhere like Wal-Mart or Target this weekend. She is also planning a birthday pool party for her friends! At this point, I don't think her birthday will ever end! But the weather here is too cold for swimming right now, so we'll try to do it next weekend.

Cameron also had Scouts last night. He is the new Patrol leader for his group, so I needed to get him there even though Bill wasn't in town. Often when Bill is on travel, I let Cameron skip Scouts -- but not anymore!

This week the kids (Cam and Molly) are doing STAR testing at school. So, Cameron is done at 1:05 p.m. each day. That means I have to be on top of things with homeschooling, so that we are done in time to wrap it up by his pick-up time. Yesterday, we took advantage of his early dismissal to take him to Shirlene's for a haircut. He was less than thrilled, but Shirlene even was able to "style" his beard, which he insists on growing and makes him look a bit like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. God bless you, Shirlene!

I am also able to walk to meet Molly after school on Cameron's early-out days. She is still getting done at 3 p.m. this week, and she enjoys walking with me. But usually, we are picking up Cameron at that time as well, and his school is quite a bit further away -- not usually a walkable distance unless it's an emergency! Anyway, for some reason, Molly has 3 early-out days next week and Open House on Thursday. So, I guess next week will be odd as well!

Right now we're wrapping up homeschool. The boys are currently having lunch and recess. They just have math and reading to do after that. Then after picking up Cameron, I am hoping to recycle today. I have a ton of recyclables. And if we're feeling motivated, Baskin-Robbins is having 31 cent scoop night tonight. So, that could be fun!

More later ...

Love,
Michele
P.S. Molly took the pictures of me and Annie last week. She had fun posing us by the rose from our garden. As you can see, my hair is beginning to grow again. So, I am really hopeful that I'm done for good with chemo. And since I'm down to 2 mg. of Prednisone daily (used to be at
60 mg), I'm no longer as puffy.

No comments: