Facebook Badge

Saturday, April 18, 2009

FRIDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

Well, it was our last official day of Spring Break today, so I had my last chance to sleep in. I slept until almost noon when Isaac informed me it was time to get up and make chocolate sundaes. We had bought the ingredients at Smart and Final last night -- vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped topping. And he was excited to make them! So, I got up and made the kids lunch (hot dogs) and the sundaes for dessert. Then we spent the afternoon working around the house -- specifically we tidied up the kids' rooms. I had let them go all week in the name of Spring Break fun, so it took most of the day just to find their floors -- especially in the boys' rooms. Not that we were moving that fast, but we got it done.

By the time we finished that, it was dinner time. I impressed my kids by serving nachos, which were apparently "as good as Del Taco's" -- definitely a compliment from my kids! At 7 p.m. tonight we had Bible Study at our house. We are doing a study on "Waking the Dead" by John Eldredge. The idea is of having the glory of a heart fully alive for Jesus. It's a great book and Bill is doing a great job leading the study. We were largely talking about spiritual warfare today, as well as healing your hurting heart and recognizing that God made it good. So, we had some interesting and enlightening discussion and prayer. I definitely recommend the book!

After everyone left at around 10 p.m., I vegged out and watched TV. Nate and Isaac joined me to snuggle on the sofa and fell asleep. I'm going to head off to bed as it's getting late. I bought some new flowers, dirt, and mulch to plant tomorrow in the front flower beds. I'm looking forward to doing that, and several of the kids are already volunteering to help me.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: