Facebook Badge

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

VISITING MY FAVORITE DOCTOR...

Hi Friends,

I showered and got dressed and even drove myself to Thousand Oaks today for an appointment with my main doctor (and my favorite, too), Dr. Shariar Cohen-Gadol. It always feels so nice to be able to drive myself somewhere. Often due to mobility issues or because I'm taking narcotics, which are not safe for drivers -- I must rely on my family or friends to drive me anywhere I need to go. That lack of independence is hard to stomach sometimes...so today, I thoroughly enjoyed my drive to and from T.O., listening to music and talking on the phone. And I even made it early to my appointment, which was scheduled at 5 p.m.

Dr. Cohen was my biggest cheerleader today. He thinks I look great and am doing so well. He was so excited that "I made his day!" and he even hugged me. I am currently doing much better and only taking 7 different meds daily. I believe at one point I took 29, so that's a huge improvement. The joint pain is much much better. My tremors have gotten better. My kidneys are no longer constantly fighting an infection. My only 2 issues right now are headache and lack of energy. So, I got a B-12 shot for the energy. And another shot for pain control. And yes, there are new drugs out there every day for lupus...so I'm starting a new nonnarcotic pill for my headaches. Hopefully, I'll get some energy and pain relief. I'm still not allowed to see the sun, but I'd like to be able to get out of bed and move around in my house. We'll see what the Lord has in store for me... I was listening to the Dixie Chicks on my way home, and I heard,"I sure enjoyed the rain, but I'm looking forward to the Son." Yes, I changed the spelling -- Follow my thinking. I may be weathering a storm, but I'm looking forward to the Son.

After my appointment with Dr. Cohen, I drove over to MiMi's Cafe to have dinner with my friend Annie. (Or as we like to call her-- Alice from the Brady Bunch) We had an interesting dinner with really bad service, but we still managed to have a good time. I needed some Mom time away from the kids in order to come back my usual, happy self:-)

Now, I'm going to bed. Bill has to get up early for work. Sadly, someone has to work this summer in order to provide for our cushy lifestyle!!!

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: