Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 26, 2010

GIRLS' ROAD TRIP...

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I accomplished (with help, of course) my two main goals. First, I got Molly and Amber in for their manicures/pedicures at a local nail salon. I had been promising this little treat to them for a while as Amber's birthday present, so I wanted to make good on my promise. Second, Molly, Annie and I successfully roadtripped to Palmdale and back to retrieve Nate and Isaac. The traffic was horrendous and it took over 3 hours to make the 80 mile trip to Palmdale, but we took a different route home and it was later in the day -- so that leg of the trip went better.

I'm glad to have my two little ones home again -- it's definitely too quiet without them. We didn't get home until around 11 p.m., because we stopped to visit with Frank and Shirlene. So, Nate and Isaac fell asleep on the way home. I think today they are both due for a bath/shower as Shirlene said they both "forgot" to pack underwear. And I noticed that Nate was still wearing the same clothes he left my house in. Gotta love little boys. Currently they're at the park playing with their friends -- who missed them during their absence. Not going to push the cleanliness issue until tonight as they may end up out on the land later today with Bill.

Our friend, Jef Turnbull from Simi Valley, has some wood beams for out on the land -- so Bill and Cam took the trailer out to pick them up today. They're going to stop back here in Oxnard before heading out to the land. So, I have a feeling that Nate and Isaac may want to trek out there, too.

Meanwhile, I'm going to take it slow and easy today. Yesterday was a fun but long day for me. So, my goals for today are simply to shower and do a little tidy up around the house + laundry. Bill got the power working yesterday and did grocery shopping and more while I was gone. And this morning he took Isaac out to buy new shoes. They finally found something that Isaac was OK with at Discount Shoe WareHouse on Vineyard. Isaac is VERY picky about shoes -- they're usually too lumpy or bumpy or tight or loose or feel funny. So, it can be a challenge to shoe shop with him, and if you come home with anything less than perfect -- he won't wear them. So, here's hoping the new shoes last a while. His previous shoes had huge holes in them, and it took trips to 3 different stores to find these!

I'm off to do my thing...have a great day. I posted this prayer for all my friends on FB today. So I want to share it with you too:

May you have wings to take you above your troubles. May your life be a sacred place where you can meet your God...all encompassing, non-judging...where you can just be! May you be cradled in hope, kept in joy, graced with peace, and wrapped in love. (adapted from the prayer shawl prayer...)

Have a great day! It is what you make of it:-)
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: