Facebook Badge

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

HELLO AGAIN...

Hi Friends,

It's been a while since I last wrote, so I just wanted to check in for a few minutes. I've been feeling much better lately and even been regaining some stamina. The last two days I've gotten out of my PJs and dressed each day. And yesterday, I went for a short walk with Molly at the park.

Today, I woke up in the morning -- I know, not my usual schedule. But, Bill is going to be starting his Master's Program, so he had an early morning meeting at China Lake. Way to go, honey! And I felt like the best Mom/wife ever, because I actually managed to get up at 6:45 and take Cam to school. We stopped at McDonald's on the way, so I really rocked today:-)

After that, I came home and tried to sleep -- but was unsuccessful, because I ended up on the phone repeatedly with my doctor and the company that provides home nursing. The doctor has ordered home nursing for my blood draws and port care, and the company was questioning whether I was "sick enough." I don't know, maybe I should take that as a compliment -- but it seems you can't win, if you make an effort to get dressed, they feel you're not sick enough. So, from now on -- I'll try to look extra-pathetic while they're here and save my joyful attitude (which is definitely not due to great health) for when they're gone.

I went back at 12:30 to pick Cam up from school as he has half-days through Friday for finals. After coming home, the kids watched Toy Story (in preparation for the new movie). Then they did the chores and scattered. I just met Nate and Isaac's new friend, Mason's Mom. They are currently at the park playing with him and Matthew. Molly and Amber are hanging out together until we go to church tonight. And I'm off to "help" Cameron with his history final, which is a take-home test. I'm not sure how much help I'll be, but at least it's open-book.

More again soon! I promise!!!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: