Facebook Badge

Thursday, June 17, 2010

RANDOM QUESTIONS POSTED BY A LOOPY MIND...

Hi Friends,

Two things I've been thinking about today...

1. Thanks, Dr. Cohen for the B-12 shot, but I wasn't expecting the energy to kick in so fast. I didn't need energy at 6:30 a.m. this morning when I had sleepy children who like to take advantage of summer mornings for rest. On a good note, I'm still up and even though I'm currently in my PJs -- I have plans to get dressed today and maybe even do a thing or two around the house. I just switched the housecleaners to biweekly rather than weekly. So, I'm going to try to help the kids a bit with housework. Don't worry -- my standard has gone from House Beautiful to House Adequate to Hopefully House not too Trashed. So, I won't kill myself...

2. The cortisone pain shot they gave me and the new pain meds are helpful. And I think Dr. Cohen is wonderful for giving me free samples of the pain med even if I did leave his office looking like a drug addict carrying 9 boxes of the pain med. I had to laugh, though, when I got home and opened one up to find each LARGE box contained ONE lovely individually-wrapped pill. Now I'm not complaining because they're extended release pills(so, one pill per day)and that's more than a week's supply. More than enough to determine if they work, then call my Doc on his cell (yes, I actually have his cell phone number and he always answers even at 2 in the morning!), and have him call in an RX. But I can't help wondering if the wasteful over-packaging and free samples to all the Docs contributes to the fact that my Rituxan infusion comes at the price of $32,000 a pop...I'm just wondering:-)

Other than that, I'm just hanging out at home enjoying the summer with my kids. The neighborhood kids (as in non-homeschoolers) are off of school now. So children were coming to my door before all of my kids were even up.

I guess I'm off now to get dressed and take advantage of the extra B-12 energy. The goal is to have energy and not use it all up and then do the crash and burn. I'll let you know tomorrow how it worked out for me. I have a bad track record on this, but I try to learn from my past. And, Annie, when I stumble -- I'll just make it part of the dance.

Have a great day:-)

Much Love,
Michele

1 comment:

Michele said...

P.S. -- For those of you not on FaceBook, my status says: "Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off." That's from Larry the Cable Guy