Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A NEW DAY...

Hi Friends,

I'm not sure if today is better or I'm more joyful...but it is a new day. My new home nurse came this morning at 9:30 a.m. to do my port care. Unfortunately, she didn't have the correct supplies to do the draw/flush, so she then had to leave and come back. That was OK as it gave me time to take pain meds in anticipation of the large needle stick. She eventually came back. It wasn't the easiest stick -- she was at first able to flush it with saline, but couldn't get any blood. So, after some needle moving (always fun) and some heparin to break up any clotting -- we had success. Bill kindly held my hand and let me squeeze him really hard. Hopefully (if I have no complications) -- I can go another month before we have to do port care again.

I ended up going back to sleep for a while after that. I'm still headachy today and I seem to have caught a stomach bug from Bill. So, I was up during the night feeling pukey, as well. So, my goal of making it out to the land today -- did not happen. On a good note, Bill took the boys out there for a few hours. He is working on permits to change the zoning to residential. And he needed to go out and do some measurements. Of course, Nate, Isaac, and their friend, Matthew, jumped at the chance to come along. Molly and Cam (typical teenagers) decided to sleep in and stay home with me. They're currently making macaroni and cheese for a late lunch.

I think I'm going to go back to sleep and enjoy the quiet until they all get back. Here's hoping I can make it to church on Sunday.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: