Facebook Badge

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THE NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS ARE HERE DOING CHORES...

Hi Friends,

Let me start with a funny story...During the summer, my kids have chosen to play all day and have free time with the stipulation that they're home by 5 p.m. to do their chores. That way the house is ready and chores are done before Bill gets home from work. I keep hearing from the other Moms in the neighborhood that their "kids won't do chores." Well, today Nate and Isaac came home at 5 p.m. with their friends, Mason and Matthew. The four of them begged me to let them all do chores together. I had to laugh. I now have 6 children (rather than my usual 4) cleaning up my house. And they're all very happy, because I told them they can go out to play while they're finished. Nate is reminding me a bit of Tom Sawyer today -- he can truly make anything seem fun:-)

Other than that -- I'm dealing with a headache today. I'm hoping it's not the lupus headache coming back. I tried several different meds to deal with it, but I am not having much luck. So, I elected to stay busy today and cleaned the dining room and kitchen. At first I thought I was making a bigger mess by cleaning -- because it just seemed like I was stirring up more animal fur. But now that I'm done, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. I can even walk on my freshly mopped kitchen floor barefoot without my feet sticking to food on the floor.

Bill is due home soon, and there are church activities tonight for Nate and Molly. I'm going to take it easy and do some reading. I did manage to get out of my PJs and get dressed after the cleaning -- so I'm golden!

Have a great day!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: