Facebook Badge

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I STILL HAVE ENERGY...

Hi Friends,

This will be short as it's time for bed. I have some good news. I still have energy, so I'm really happy with my new shots and med routine. I'm waking up in the morning, and even cleaning a few rooms in my house each day. I've lost more weight, thanks to no more steroids and Bill's healthy cooking. When I got sick about 3 years ago, I started this journey at 125 lbs. Over the two years between steroids (putting me up in the 160s) and chemo (fast weightloss from puking), I think I'm finally getting back to my normal weight. Today, I busted into the 130's and weighed in at 139.2 lbs, so since 130 is my ideal weight -- I only have 9.2 lbs to go. It makes me feel happy, because the lupus and steroids tend to be hard on body image.

I actually made it upstairs today -- for the first time in about a month. Stairs are so hard for me. There is no reason for me to be up there as there are 3 kids bedrooms, their 2 bathrooms, and the laundry room up there. And now Molly has taken on all the laundry. She's such a sweet girl. I do all of my living downstairs, which includes our bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining room, and kitchen. But today I was feeling brave and I walked upstairs. It was about what you'd expect with 5 children living up there this week. I decided to vacuum and dust the steps and hall. I also cleaned and did floors in the laundry room and Cam/Mol's bathroom. Tomorrow I hope to clean Nate/Isaac's Big bathroom and straighten up the walk-in closet. Then we'll do a kid room each day for the rest of the week. So, it appears I can slowly make it around the house cleaning a room or two a day, and I am going ahead with the plan to cancel our cleaning ladies. We can use the extra money for the land:-)

Tomorrow I have to take Cam to the dentist at 11 a.m. It is the start of getting his 9 cavities filled. Fun, Fun! Shirlene and Frank are coming to pick up Brandon, Nate, and Isaac and will take them all to Palmdale for a few days. Bill is willing to go and pick them up on Saturday. They need to be home by Sunday for Mason's birthday party.

So, nightie night:-) I'll write more tomorrow...

Much Love,
Michele

P.S. -- Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: