Facebook Badge

Friday, June 25, 2010

FRIDAY...

Hi Friends,

It's been a busy day...I took Molly and Amber to get their nails done this morning. While they were at the nail salon, I returned an overdue book to the library, stopped for a soda, came back home to beautify myself, and then before I knew it -- the girls were calling to be picked up. I can't wait until I have a child with a driver's license:-)

I also took a bunch of sad calls from Isaac who continues to be homesick in Palmdale. Annie is going to roadtrip with me and Molly today, and we will retrieve Isaac and Nate. Nate is less than pleased as he wanted to stick to the original plan and come home on Saturday. But by the time we get to Palmdale today, it should be late and I'm sure we'll stay and visit for a while. I told Nate that I can't make a 3 hour trip two days in a row. I mean, I'm not even able to drive that far for one day -- Thank goodness I have Annie and Bill, my designated drivers.

Yesterday we lost power in part of the upstairs -- laundry room and the two upstairs bathrooms. We were doing laundry and vacuuming rooms when it blew. Bill checked all the circuits and reset the power -- but no luck. So, the landlord needs to send someone out to fix it. In the meantime, the upstairs bathrooms aren't too bad -- as we have one downstairs and during the day, there's plenty of light upstairs. The laundry room being nonfunctional is more of a problem with a family of 6. Luckily, Molly did a bunch of loads yesterday before it went out -- but I don't think we can make it too long without being buried in Mount Washmore!

So, I'm off to Palmdale for the day...leaving Bill and Cam here to grocery shop and hold down the fort. Bill also took his motorcycle in and it's not running...not sure what's wrong...just glad he got his car fixed before the motorcycle broke down. At least the Harley is under warranty unlike our "beater" car.

Have a great day!
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: