Facebook Badge

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WEDNESDAY!!!

Hi Friends,

I'm hoping to blog and then get a full night's sleep -- unlike what I did last night. Last night I could not fall asleep due partly to my pounding headache, and partly to my steroids giving me too much energy at weird times (like in the middle of the night). So, I slept from 5 a.m.-7:30 a.m. when I got up with Cam and Bill to send them off to school and work. Wednesday is actually Cameron's late day (he starts school at 9 a.m., rather than 8 a.m.) -- but unfortunately every Wednesday Bill ends up with an early morning meeting. Since I can't drive much on the pain meds, we had to come up with an alternative plan for Wednesdays. Luckily there is a Spudnuts (donut shop) across the street from Cam's high school. So, it was decided he could stop there each Wednesday morning and buy a donut and a drink before walking over to school. I don't have to drive, Bill is on time for his meeting, and Cameron gets to eat junky food for breakfast. We've all decided it's a win-win-win situation for all of us!!!

Cameron was supposed to be going on a Marine Biology field trip this Friday, but so far not enough kids have signed up -- so it may have to be cancelled. He'll find out tomorrow. I hope he gets to go, because it sounded like a really fun one -- watching sea life in the Channel Islands. But the fee was $45 per student, so I'm not that surprised there wasn't a big sign up. It was a stretch for us, too -- but we really wanted him to go!

After Bill and Cam left at 8 a.m., I decided to get up and do some chores around the house. I also ate my breakfast, checked FaceBook, and did my daily Bible readings for today. That seemed to take several hours, and by the time I finished it was 10 a.m. and my homeschoolers were arriving downstairs one by one. We made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast, did our chores, and started in on our schoolwork.

Before I knew it -- they were again hungry, but for lunch and we had mac and cheese and tomato soup. We did the rest of our schoolwork -- math, reading, journaling, Bible, art (cartooning), and a science DVD on gravity. After doing our PE on the Wii Fit, Cam and Bill came home. And soon Amber and Matthew were collecting my other kids to go to the park.

The kids only played from 4-5:30 because tonight they wanted to go to our new church for Youth group. Bill took Molly and Nate, and they had a great time. Youth group is for grades 6-12 on Wednesday nights, but we didn't force Cameron to go. He belongs to a Bible club at his school, anyway. The middle kids had fun at church, Bill went grocery shopping, Cam and I worked on his FaceBook account, and Isaac watched Fat Albert ("HEY, HEY, HEY!!!). Everyone met up again around 9 p.m. and we starting getting kids ready for bed. And as usual, it's quiet in the house -- I'm the only one up. I am going to try to go to bed soon, as the home health nurse is coming tomorrow morning at 8:30 to draw blood and change my PICC line dressing. Fun, Fun!

Other than that -- I have the urge to take the kids to the beach tomorrow or Friday if the weather continues to be so nice:-) So, I'll check the weather and make a plan for that. Cameron's birthday is coming up on the 25th and he'd like to go to the zoo for that. So, I need to start planning for that, too.

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

P.S. Molly and Amber made a friend at the park today. He's 16 and his Mom has "kicked him out of their house." He came to talk to me, because he doesn't have anywhere to go. I tried to talk him into going back to seeing his Mom and making nice, but he was not interested -- was adamant he couldn't go home and even gave me her phone number. Bill wasn't home, so I sent Cody over to talk with Matthew and Amber's grandparents about the situation. I guess he ate dinner there and then said he'd go home. But they still didn't have a good feeling. So, I may need to follow up tomorrow, and I hope I won't need to call CPS. But come on -- he's 16, she can't throw him out without at least putting him with a relative or in foster care. That family could really use your prayers. My kids were really upset after hearing about the situation as well. They couldn't believe a Mom wouldn't want her child in the home with her. It was hard to explain, escpecially considering that we only had half of the story!

No comments: