Facebook Badge

Monday, February 1, 2010

FIRST DAY AT HOME !!!

Hi Friends!

After getting home from the hospital yesterday, I hugged my kids and went to sleep for a very long time in my own bed. I had probably only slept a total of 4 hours in the 3 days/nights spent at Los Robles! The steroids make you hyper, but in a bad way! So, I slept until 1o p.m. when Bill woke me up for meds. And I ate a bunch of food. Again, you have to love the steroid hunger, too! So, after a healthy nighttime snack of chocolate cereal and nachos, I went back to bed. Isaac missed me a lot, and soon he was sleeping in the bed between Bill and me.

I didn't hear a thing all night until Cameron (our responsible high-schooler) arrived in our bedroom at 7:15 this morning to tell Bill it was time to take him to school. Bill took the day off of work to care for me, and he is currently homeschooling Molly, Nate, and Isaac. I am taking the day off and hiding in my dark room, waiting for aftercare instructions from Dr. Cohen.

To be honest, I felt a lot better in the hospital. It was probably just the pain meds and steroids making me high -- I guess. Today my chest and head are killing me again! It is what it is! I feel blessed to have a supportive group of friends and family to get me through this, but it does get tiresome! Sometimes I just want to be the old me again!

So far, this is what I know -- I need to have a port put in surgically, and I need to schedule the next two rounds of Rituxan. I was supposed to do 2 rounds every 6 months for the next 2 years, but unfortunately the last rounds only lasted 3-4 months. (I have no idea why the font just changed -- but I'm too tired to deal with it!)

On a funny note (kind of!), my children wonder how long I will live with all of these health problems. Isaac asked me if I could live until he's "an old man," because he'll need me until then. In further discussion, he clarified that he needs me until he's 30 years old -- so here's hoping that I can keep these organs workable for at least 23 more years!

Going back to sleep...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: