Facebook Badge

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A LOVE LETTER TO GOD FROM ONE OF HIS SHEEP!!!

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then, he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'" Luke 15:4-6

Hi Friends!

I woke up this morning scared. I got some sleep last night, but had to get up 4 times over 10 hours to take Dilaudid. I'm allowed to take 4 mg every 4 hours, with 2 mg every 2 hours for break-through pain. The mega-pain killer took the edge off and helped me sleep -- but I woke up in such severe pain from the lupus. My head and chest hurt so much. It's literally like I can feel my own immune system attacking and damaging my brain, heart, and lungs. ICKY!!! I know. I started my day with prayer and a new devotional that Mom and Dad Bland (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!) sent us for Christmas. I told God how scared I was and how I was struggling with feeling out of control.

As always, God answers prayers. The Bible verse above was the one I read today. And the devotional reminded me that God's heart is full of joy because of me. He celebrates over me today. He delights in me and is so glad that I'm home. After that quiet time with God, I was able to tell Him that I fully rely on Him and trust in Him. I rejoice that the King of All, rejoices in little, whiney me. I don't understand (or even like, to be honest!) all the plans He has for me. But I trust and know that God will give me the courage and protection I need to weather any storm.

And life went on... we homeschooled... we did chores... Cam and Bill came home... Nate and Isaac are at the park with Matthew... Molly is horseback riding with Amber.

I made it one more day. At this point that is an accomplishment. I am determined not to take the Dilaudid during the day -- I need to be a functional Mom. But the pain is getting bad, and I'm almost through the day. Soon, I can have that relief again.

I'll sign my love letter to God and you...

Much Love,
A lost (and found) little sheep

No comments: