Facebook Badge

Saturday, February 6, 2010

GOD KNOWS EVERY HAIR ON MY HEAD... AND EVEN HAS COUNT OF THOSE THAT ARE FALLING OUT!

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." --Matthew 10:29-31

Hi Friends,

First for the exciting news, I went to sleep at 9:30 p.m. last night and slept until 9:30 a.m. this morning. I didn't wake up once during the night for Dilaudid. It felt so good to get a full night's rest! Even though my headache came back shortly after waking up -- it was a brief pain respite, and for that I was quite thankful!

It's still cloudy outside with a bit of rain today. Nate and Matthew are at the park, because you can only keep young boys inside for so long. Molly spent the morning with some of her new friends, sewing on their sewing machines at Amber's house. Bill is working on taxes. Fun, fun! And Cam and Isaac are watching: Garfield: A Tale of 2 Kitties along with our 2 kitties, Itty Bitty and Bo Bo! It's cute.

After my pleasant long sleep, I spent the morning in bed reading a book that Annie lent me. It felt great to just laze in bed and finish the book: Time for Grace, by Kate Welsh. The Bible verse I listed above was on the first page of the book. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate from the lupus currently, and I don't think my upcoming chemo will help! So, I found it an apppropriate and comforting verse to start my day out with. God knows every hair on my head, and he even keeps track of the ones that are falling out! Yay, God!

I think I will venture out of my cozy bed for a bit to take a bath and change into clean jammies. Bathing is a real adventure with a PICC line, since I have to cover it with plastic wrap and keep it dry! So, I can't bathe as often as I'd like. You truly begin to appreciate the little things in a case like this!

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: