Facebook Badge

Sunday, February 21, 2010

LATE NIGHT SATURDAY!!!

Hi Friends,

Well, I guess it's technically Sunday, BUT that's too confusing. Last night Bill took on as his personal mission to help me get some sleep. He stayed up watching TV, and he said every few hours I woke up, startled, and would get up in an Ambien fog and start doing things. But apparently I was easily redirected when he kept tucking me back into bed. He's going to talk to my doctor about it on Wednesday. My husband really is too sweet, and I did feel better after getting some sleep last night. Steroids are just too much for the Ambien to cover up, though!

We slept in until about 10 a.m. I then got up with the kids as Matthew was coming over. I did miscellaneous stuff around the house and the day seemed to go by really quickly. My head was killing me, because I took off my Fentanyl patch last night and didn't put a new one on. But, I wanted to take a bath before doing so, and I was really wiped out last night. I won't make that mistake again, because by the time I took my bath today and got a new patch on -- the pain was unbearable. I'll either suck it up next time and take the bath or live without a bath for another 3 days. That second-to-last time in the hospital, I had so many tubes that I couldn't shower/bathe for 26 days -- it sucks, but so does the pain!

Anyway, it's taking a while to get pain relief again today. I definitely couldn't drive myself anywhere today -- so Bill dropped me and Molly off at the library while he went grocery shopping. The 3 boys stayed home. I love the Oxnard Library and have been going there every Saturday to get books and DVDs to use with our home-schooling curriculum.

After the library, Bill dropped us off at home and went back out to finish his shopping. We unpacked the first load of groceries and the kids all took baths/showers in preparation for church tomorrow. When Bill arrived home, we unpacked some more groceries and he made soup and BLTs for dinner. It was a late dinner and all the kids are safely snuggled away in bed. Bill and I will follow soon.

I'm looking forward to church tomorrow. I wanted to share one part of my devotional today -- It's Psalm 23 : "The Divine Shepherd." I know we've all heard it many times before, but it really spoke to me today. I put in CAPS the words I thought were most important.

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele


Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He MAKES me lie down in green pastures;
He LEADS me beside STILL waters;
He RESTORES my soul.
He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the DARKEST valley,
I fear no evil;
FOR YOU ARE WITH ME;
your rod and staff--
they COMFORT me.

You PREPARE a table before me in the presence
of my enemies;
You annoint my head with oil;
MY CUP OVERFLOWS.
Surely, GOODNESS and MERCY shall FOLLOW me
ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE,
AND I SHALL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
MY WHOLE LIFE LONG.

__ My goal is to memorize this within the next week:-)

No comments: