Facebook Badge

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"ROID RAGE!!!"

Hi Friends,

This will be short as I feel really bad. I must be bipolar or on steroids! One day I'm up, the next day, I'm down. Last night my blood pressure and heart rate spiked, and even with the meds prescribed to fix that -- I ended up not able to sleep all night. Basically -- slept from 7 a.m.-11a.m. this morning, at which point I really needed to get up and help the kids with their schooling.

I spent a large part of today dealing with medical/insurance red tape. Finally, got home health care nursing set up again. And the insurance can be a real pain when it comes to covering the chemo and other necessary treatments. Then, I discovered, my hospital discharge instructions were all messed up! I was supposed to have several prescriptions for pain medications that I never received. So, after another conference call with Dr. Cohen -- Bill was dispatched to Thousand Oaks to pick up prescriptions -- since the meds are opiates for pain, they cannot be called or faxed, etc. (It's not like he has a job or anything! and I keep thinking I'm too sick to deal with all of this!) Hopefully, I will get some pain relief and sleep tonight, and be able to hang in there until Wednesday -- "Oh, lovely and fun-filled day at UCLA!"

The younger kids got their schoolwork done and played with friends when they finished. Molly is excited because she's been invited to go to her friend, Amber's horseback riding lesson with her tomorrow. We'll get some info on it and see if it's something she may want to do!

Cameron had an early-out day and was done with school one hour earlier than usual. So, that seemed a bit odd. Other than that -- we just had dinner and rented "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" for the kids to watch as it came out on PPV yesterday.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: