Facebook Badge

Friday, February 12, 2010

"NO ONE CRIES THE WRONG WAY..."

Hi Friends,

Annie gave me a new devotional to read. It's called "No one cries the wrong way!" Sadness is not wrong, it's just important that we can see God through our tears! I've been back to doing a lot of reading again, and I'm really enjoying it.

This morning, I noticed a big improvement in my pain level. Using the Fentanyl patch all the time is really helping my long-term pain, and it's enabling me to take the Dilaudid less, which is good. I also got to go from 60 mg. of Prednisone to 30 mg of Prednisone daily, so that made me feel much less moody, emotional, and wired!

After Bill and Cam left for school and work and 7:15, I lounged around in bed until the homeschoolers woke up at around 9 a.m. We spent the day doing out usual stuff, re: schoolwork, chores, etc. We were done by 3 p.m. at which point the kids had free time, and I lay down for a 3 hour nap. It was quite lovely. I woke up to Isaac bringing in flowers that he had picked for me. After that, I saw Cameron working on lesson plans for tomorrow. He has the day off of school and has offered to help me teach the homeshoolers. So, he is planning to teach a a film class and PE class, and I will do Bible, math, reading, and social studies. I'm looking forward to the help. And we also have the cleaners coming tomorrow, so it will be nice to have our Friday house tidy again! I do love Fridays!!!

Bill came home at 6 p.m., and he made a tasty pasta dish for dinner. It was great, and most of the kids ate it while watching Star Trek with Bill. We finished that up, and the kids took baths/showers before bed. We also tidied up the kids' bedrooms, so that the cleaners have a path into the rooms.

I made a few phone calls tonight to friends to let them know what's going on with my health. I haven't heard anything from Dr. Cohen today, so I'm just hanging in here. Hopefully, he's having some luck making appointments at UCLA for me. We'll soon see!

It's very late, and I have to be up by 9 a.m. tomorrow to let the cleaners in. We'll start homeschooling, too, when they get here. They do the upstairs first while we stay downstairs, and then we move upstairs while they clean downstairs. It works out quite well. But for now...I'm nodding off and I don't want to drop Isaac's netbook, so I'll sign off.

Good Night,
Much Love,
Michele

P.S. Happy Birthday Allan!!!

No comments: