Facebook Badge

Monday, February 22, 2010

OOPS... I FORGOT SUNDAY:-)

Hi Friends,

I got up this morning and realized that I had forgotten to blog yesterday. So, I'll try blogging a bit earlier today before I get swallowed up into homeschooling and then tired out by the evening.

Yesterday we went to church, and we are feeling very welcome at our new church in Camarillo. It's called Gold Coast Christian Church. Nate, Molly, and Cameron went to the junior/senior high class, which is offered during the 10:45 service. They're making new friends and enjoying the lessons about God. They all have Ping Pong tables and fuzzball, so Nate thinks it's the coolest place ever! And in other big news, Isaac went to Sunday School (the first grade class) at that church for the first time. Since I've been sick, he's very attached to me and even at our old church -- he preferred to go into church with me and Bill rather than go to Sunday School. But after seeing how much fun the older kids had in their classes at GCCC, he decided to try it out for himself. He had a great time, made some first grade friends, and we were all very proud of him. He plans to go every week from now on. The message series right now for us big kids (grown-ups!) is on "Fireproofing your Marriage," so that was great for Bill and I to listen to. I am glad we've found a church nearby that meets our needs and that I can be excited about going to every Sunday:-)

After church, we came home and had lunch. The kids and I made chocolate chip cookies. See Facebook for pictures. And then, Bill and I took our usual Sunday nap. The weather was a bit cold and windy yesterday -- so after the nap we all stayed inside and just hung out. I made our usual "breakfast for dinner" last night. We had french toast and it was very tasty, if I do say so myself. After dinner, we played some board games and some games on the Wii for Family Game Night.

And we made plans for Cameron's birthday, which is this Thursday. Can you believe he's turning 17? I don't feel old enough to have a 17 year old! He wants to go out to eat for burgers on his birthday, and we're planning a trip to the zoo for his birthday celebration. We put it on the calendar for March 13th, because that seems to be our next available weekend date as a family. He is requesting his usual chocolate chip cookie cake, so the homeschoolers and I will make that and decorate the house for his birthday on Thursday.

Today I got up when Bill and Cameron did at 6:30. I spent some quiet time with God, praying and doing my Bible readings. Then I did some laundry and household chores while waiting for the other kids to get up. They started joining me by 9 a.m. for breakfast, chores, and homeschooling. Right now, we're going to take a break and head over to Ventura. A lady from Freecycle has a bunch of hand-me-downs for us. Then when we get back, we'll finish schooling and have lunch. I want to take our drive now, because I haven't had pain meds since 3 a.m. And later in the day, I will probably need them and no longer be able to drive.

I'll try and blog later and let you know what kind of goodies we scored thanks to Freecycle:-)

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: