Facebook Badge

Monday, February 8, 2010

I HAVE A KILLER HEADACHE!!!

Hi Friends,

Today was a rough day, but I made it through -- I WILL SURVIVE!!! I spent the morning working through health care redtape. It took all day, but the home health nurse and my main doctor finally communicated and orders have been written for my blood work, which will be done tomorrow morning along with a PICC line dressing change at 10 a.m. when Alice (the nurse) comes for her weekly visit. I also made an appointment for a 2:30 visit with Dr.Lin, who is in charge of my pain management. I need his help badly, because my head is back to killing me, and I have excruciating pain when I breathe. Not fun!!! Annie is going to come tomorrow to take me, as I can't drive myself, and Bill needs to pick up Cam and then go back to work.
Thanks, Florence Nightingale!!! She's also going to help us on Friday with the kids and the two doctors' appointments that day -- one with Karpouzas in UCLA and one with Cohen in Thousand Oaks.

So, the headache was awful today, and I just had to suck it up and take more Dilaudid than I like to. It enabled me to homeschool the kids and do what needed to be done around the house -- but not much more. I even accomplished a bath today, since they'll be making my PICC line fresh tomorrow.

The kids had fun playing with their friends this afternoon. And Bill made pigs in a blanket for dinner, so he was very popular. After dinner, Nate and Isaac did baths while Cam and Molly finished some homework with Bill. Then before I knew it, everyone was clean and in bed. After a last-minute trip to Walgreen's for med -- Bill and I are just hanging out. He's doing some paperwork, and I need to work on gathering up some records for my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck!!!

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: