Facebook Badge

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A DAY AT THE BEACH!!!

Hi Friends,

Well, after the last two nights, in which I got a total of 4 hours of sleep -- I'm hoping tonight will be my night to get a full night's sleep! Recently the steroids just make me so hyper and my head is so achey!

So, today after Cam and Bill left, I stayed up and did some things around the house while waiting for my home nurse to show up. I worked on laundry and some general tidying and organizing, as well as calling numerous doctors for appointments. My substitute nurse ( my real one is away on vacation) arrived at about 9 a.m.. She was nice, but worked very slow, and it took her almost an hour to change out my PICC line dressing and draw blood. After she left, the kids and I did schoolwork and did their chores. That took until about 2 p.m. At that point, we took a drive to the beach stopping at Burger King for lunch on the way.

We drove down the PCH and stopped at the big sanddunes for a big sandy hike. It was challenging, but fun! We then drove over to the beach and hung out in the water/sand for an hour. We made sandcastles, played in the waves, saw a sea lion and other birds and interesting wildlife, and we collected pretty rocks and seashells. It was cloudy and 60 degrees -- perfect lupus weather as I'm not allowed to see the sun. Even with my high SPF and the clouds, I'm still very sunburned -- but it was so worth it! We had a great time! It's so nice to be 15 minutes away from the beach. We can go whenever we want to!

Bill picked up Cameron from school and he beat us home. We arrived home at about 4:30, and the kids all took showers or baths to remove their sand. It's so nice to have 3 bathrooms. I had Molly and Nate each in a shower, and Isaac in a bath all at the same time.

We spent the rest of the night eating pizza and watching Olympic figure skating! Cameron is excited because he has a Marine Biology field trip tomorrow! And I'm excited because tomorrow is Bill's day off. YEAH!!!

I'll blog more tomorrow. And I have a bunch of photos from our beach day to blog here and put on FaceBook.

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: