Facebook Badge

Monday, February 22, 2010

THE BOYS PHONES CAME TODAY!!!

Hi Friends,

Well, after my earlier blog, we left to pick up our freebies in Ventura. And on the way out the door, we ran into the Fed Ex man with Nate and Isaac's new phones. They were absolutely thrilled. We don't have a land line anymore -- just cell phones, and it was time for Nate to get his phone. He is spending a lot of time with friends at the park, etc. and also is old enough to stay home alone. And as far as Isaac goes -- yes, I know 7 is a bit young to have a phone, but it gives me peace to know that the next time I'm in the hospital, I can contact each child and they can contact me whenever they want or need me.

We got some good stuff on the Freecycle run -- clothes, shoes, lotions, toys, etc. We came home and sorted through it all. Then we had lunch and finished up our homeschooling. Bill brought Cameron home from high school and activated the boys' phones. I helped Cam with some of his homework as he had more than usual -- due to make-up work caused by going on the Marine Biology field trip to Channel Islands on Friday.

Bill worked later than usual, but as a special treat -- my friend, Annie, showed up all the way from Simi Valley with Big Gulps and donuts in hand. She knows the way to my heart:-) And the kids love her, too! We just did instant food for dinner and the evening passed quickly as everyone's phone needed to be reprogrammed. If you need a list of the new phone numbers, please e-mail me at blandmm@msn.com. I don't want to list them in this blog as it's public domain.

Annie went home and the kids were all in bed by 10 p.m. Bill is still watching the Olympics, and we should probably go to bed soon! I'll try not to forget tomorrow and blog...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: