Facebook Badge

Sunday, February 28, 2010

SUNDAY IS THE SABBATH...

Hi Friends...

This will be quick as Cameron is waiting for his turn on the netbook, and the little kids need to be put to bed. Today we started out the day going to church, and that felt really good! All of the kids are really enjoying their Sunday school classes and Youth Group at Gold Coast Christian Church. After church we ate lunch and Bill took a nap.

I got a bunch of stuff today from www.freecycle.org. Check and see if they have a group in your area. Basically, people post stuff that they want to give away, and you respond by e-mail, and then go pick it up. Today I made 2 Freecycle stops -- both within 5 minutes of our house, and I got lots of good free stuff -- like a bag of new stuffed animals, clothes for me and Molly, a jacket for Cameron, 8 board games, a Christmas comforter set, and some twin sheet sets. I LOVE FREE!!!! And of course, you can post stuff you want to give away, too -- and people will come and pick it up. It's great. And now with my new cell phone, I get my e-mail as soon as it comes in and so I can respond right away which equals more free stuff!

After I came back from my second Freecycle run of the day, Bill got up and took the boys shopping. They went to Big 5 and got killer deals on skateboards, so it was "the best day ever!" They also went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. I took a 2 hour nap, and it felt great. I woke up just as they were coming home.

We helped Bill unpack, and then he went to one more grocery store ALONE -- I can't imagine why he didn't want helpers? I just hung around the house with the kids. When he got home, we had pizza for dinner. Then Cam and I worked on an English project. He had to do a literary analysis of something written during the Harlem Renaissance. He chose an essay by Langston Hughes. I was an English minor and I love that kind of thing, so I helped him out. We got done in about 1 1/2 hours, which was pretty good for a 9 paragraph essay. We had fun together, and I think he learned something, too!

That's all for today... I'm looking forward to a good week...I'm going to visualize the Cellcept protecting my organs, tissues, joints, etc. from the lupus. I am the LUPUS WARRIOR! And I will kick its butt!

More tomorrow...
Much Love,
Michele

No comments: