Facebook Badge

Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINE'S WEEKEND !!!

Song of Solomon 4:3, " When I found him whom my soul loves...I held him, and I would not let him go..."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi Friends,

I've been busy on Facebook this weekend, and so I realized I never got around to blogging. I know that not everyone is comfortable with FB, but I posted a ton of photos on my FB page this weekend. So, you may just want to set up an account and "friend" me -- that way you can see all the pictures. It just is easier to do photo albums on FB. Putting photos on the blog is a bit more time-consuming! Or, if you really need me to -- I can always share pictures with you the old-fashioned way. If I remember how?

So, on Saturday, we got up in the morning and had breakfast, did chores, etc. Bill drove me and the homeschoolers over to the Oxnard Public Library. It's an absolutely, huge and beautiful space for the kids to check out books, DVDs and even computer games. And I'm finding so much in the way of teaching supplies! We spent a few hours there, and then we stopped at WalGreen's for meds on the way home.

Nate and Isaac played with Matthew after they got home, and Molly worked on curling her hair while I drove over to the 99 cents store on a search for Valentine's Day presents for the kids. I put together some cute heart goodie bags for the kids. When I got home, Molly was beautified and ready to put on a fashion show with all her "new" clothes she had bought from the ARC thrift store on Friday. We took pictures of her in all her new outfits and made a "Molly Bland:Fashion Diva" photo album for my Facebook page. Her friend, Amber, helped us, and we had a great time! Girls are so much fun!

Last night Bill made chili-cheese dogs and french fries. We watched the Olympics until the kids fell asleep.

This morning, we all set our alarms to 9 a.m., and got up to open our Valentine's presents and get ready for church. We once again went to Gold Coast Church in Camarillo and really enjoyed it. Today Pastor Scott started a new 6 part message series on "Fireproofing Your Marriage." This is of course -- a great lesson for Bill and me and all other married couples, I'm sure. Cam, Molly, and Nate all go to junior/senior high group together, and they really enjoyed it today. Isaac was still too shy to go to his first grade class --- but after seeing their fun, he decided that next week he'll try to go with the other kids his age.

After church, we came home. Cam and Molly fed the little boys lunch and babysat Isaac and Nate for us, so that Bill and I could go out on a Valentine's day We rented a double feature for the night -- "Cheaper by the Dozen," and "Cheaper by the Dozen2." They seemed to do well with the movies and entertaining themselves.

And Bill and I had a terrific and romantic Valentine's Date. We drove his Harley down the Pacific Coast Highway (beautiful view of the ocean!) and had a late lunch at Neptune's Net -- a famous restaurant near Malibu! We hung out at the beach and then we went for a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains. We took in the beauty of the California landscape and ocean and the beautiful sunset -- every brushstroke painted by my God.

We got home around 7 p.m. Bill thought I did really well on the motorcycle, and it was fun -- but it really tired me out. So, I took some pain meds and lay down in bed. Cam had some homework that he needed help with. So, I helped him with his Geography and English. Tomorrow he has one more day off, but we have an extra-credit planetary project to work on for his geography class. Since the homeschoolers are also studying the planets=, we'll all work on it together. Then Cam can turn it in and bring it back for all of us to share. That will be better than doing 4 separate planetary models! It should encourage teamwork and discourage clutter -- at least that's the plan

We also will be learning about George Washington tomorrow as it's his birthday. And with the rest of the day -- we plan to have fun! I'm sure Matthew and Amber will be texting/calling, etc. since they're off of school. And I promised Cam and Molly that tomorrow I will help them set up FaceBook pages to be used under my supervision.

It's almost 12:30 a.m. and I have two little boys falling asleep in my bed with me. Time to take them up to their bedrooms! Cam and Molly are already sleeping, and Bill is finishing up on the MAC for the night!

More tomorrow, I Hope :-)
Happy <3 Day:-)

Much Love,
Michele










No comments: