Facebook Badge

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A QUICK HELLO...

Hi Friends...

Just time to say hello and touch base briefly as I promised Cam he could use the netbook before bedtime. And I'm currently sitting in the dark between Nate and Isaac's bed to encourage them to fall asleep quickly.

Today was a good day... after Bill and Cam left for work and school, I puttered around the house, did my Bible readings and prayers, and generally enjoyed the quiet time. By 9 a.m., my homeschoolers were up and joining me for breakfast. We did some schoolwork through the morning, and at noon Molly took the boys to the park while I took a bath. Since I have a PICC line and a Fentanyl patch, I get to bathe every 3 days when the patch gets changed. This is how I've learned to appreciate the little things in life, like a bath! Anyway, they had recess at the park, I got cleaned up, and we were all happy!

Also, I have been having a great time on FaceBook. I've reconnected with friends and family, and now I've even reconnected with my former principal and colleagues from WAY BACK WHEN in Pensacola, FL when I worked at St John's as a first grade teacher. And now I've connected with a bunch of my former 1st grade students who are now in their 20's. Talk about a pleasant blast from the past!

Anyway -- after lunch, recess, and my all-important bath, we worked on schoolwork and finished up by 3 p.m. At that point, I went to pick up Cameron from high school. I've been able to cut down on Dilaudid and that means I am sometimes safe to drive. So, the good news was -- I was able to pick up Cam today. The bad news is it took 45 minutes to drive the 6 miles to his school here in our lovely city of Oxnard. I blame all the red lights and the crazy drivers. But Cameron was very patient with me even though I was late -- and we then drove home. I viewed it as time well-spent with my son.

After school, the kids did their usual friend hang-out stuff! I worked on some laundry and mostly hung out with Molly and her friend, Amber. We baked chocolate chip cookies, which were a hit for snack!

Cameron had a better day and came home with no homework today -- so he was in a happier mood. And Bill was home by 6:15 and cooking a wonderful dinner of spaghetti, garlic bread, broccoli and salad. It was SO good! Thanks, honey:-)

Tonight I'm aiming to get to bed at a reasonable hour. Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr. Cohen at 5 p.m. Hoping for a good treatment plan. Your prayers are much appreciated!
I'll let you know what I know when I know it...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: