Facebook Badge

Friday, May 1, 2009

FRIDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

Today has been a busy but fun day. I'll blog a bit before going to bed. Last night (or I guess I should say early this morning) Bill arrived home from his Virginia business trip at about 1 a.m. We sat up and talked for a bit, and then we went to bed. Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep. So, I got up and took an Ambien, and I finally fell asleep at 2 a.m. Then I got up early to drop Cameron and Molly off at school at 7:30 a.m. this morning. Bill took Nate to an appointment with his psychologist at 9 a.m. The appointment went well, and we continue to make slow and steady progress with Nate's mood and behavior.

Meanwhile, Isaac and I spent the morning shoe shopping. He needed new shoes, but he is very picky about what "feels right" on his feet. Today when the salesperson measured his feet, we discovered that one foot is a half size bigger than the other, and his feet are very narrow! So, I think that's a major part of the problem! Anyway, we spent quite a while at Payless. I kid you not -- he tried on every pair of boy's shoes in size 13 and 13 1/2. He hated them all. So, we left with no new shoes. At least we found Molly a new bookbag and some socks while we were there, though. So, it wasn't a total loss.

By the time we got home, Bill and Nate were home, too. We went to Big 5 Sporting Goods, because Nate wanted to buy Heelies (skate shoes). They also had them in Isaac's size, and he bought a pair and loves them. The boys each paid for 1/2 of their shoes with allowance money. That is because the Heelies cost $40 and $50, and we do not usually spend that much on shoes! But in the end, everyone was happy -- even Bill who came along to get some new running shoes and hiking boots, which he found on clearance.

We came home and had lunch. Then I went to Home Depot, and I bought soil, cedar chips, and flowers for our front flowerbed. We spent the rest of the afternoon working on it, and I must say it looks great! We planted minature roses and zinnias. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

When we finished the planting, I took Nate over to Shirlene's. He's spending the night in Palmdale with Brandon. Isaac didn't want to go today. In the late afternoon, I showered all the dirt from working outside off me. I also did a few things around the house, and then made the kids dinner.

Heather and Will (from next door) are spending the night tonight. And we had Bible Study from 7-9 p.m. tonight. So, it was a full house! Everyone left around 10 p.m. Cameron went to bed, and the other kids are all camped out downstairs in the family room watching X-Men. Looks like Heather and Isaac have fallen asleep already, though -- and Will and Molly look pretty groggy, too!

I'm going to head off to bed. This weekend, I am hoping to go grocery shopping and to the drug store on Saturday. We'll also go to 5:30 church. Then on Sunday we will be going on a family outing to Moorpark Zoo. We just finished our animal chapters for science in homeschooling. So, rather than do school today, we decided to do it on Sunday when all the kids can enjoy it!

I'll let you know what actually happens as it unfolds ... tomorrow...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: