Facebook Badge

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TUESDAY!

Hi Friends!

I couldn't think of any lessons plans to make Nate and Isaac responsible for blogging today, so I guess it's up to me. Today I wasn't feeling the best (very fatigued), but I muddled through. In fact, now I seem to be catching a second wind. It figures, doesn't it -- that always happens when I should be going to bed for the night.

This morning and afternoon, Nate and Isaac and I did our usual home-schooling. We focused on finishing our library books, which were due today. I also bought a new dice game that involves counting by 10s and adding, so we were able to have a fun math class. And for PE we have new badminton equipment, so that was fun. We also discovered that badminton rackets make great bubbles if you dip them in bubble solution poured into a frisbee.

The maids came today, so I am enjoying my clean house. Except that they felt the need to dust our desk, which was a mess. So, now my stuff and Bill's stuff is all mixed up. Next time, I'll tell them not to bother.

It was over 80 degrees today, so the kids did lots of swimming today. Molly had early release day at 12:30 again, but she stayed for her WEB leader training this afternoon. She'll be helping with 6th and 7th grade orientation next year when she is in 8th grade. She has also been recommended to be a teacher's assistant next year. I think these will both be valuable experiences for her.

So, we picked her and Cameron up from school at 3:00. Then I took the 3 younger children to the public library. We dropped Cameron off at home, and he was thrilled to have some "alone time." After checking out our books and videos at the library, we made it home by 4:30. I was really not feeling well by this time -- so I lay down for an hour before it was time to make dinner. I wasn't sleepy, just my whole body was sore and fatigued. Nate was very sweet, and he came upstairs and read to me from one of his new library books.

After that, I was functional enough to make dinner, and we had to have it ready by 6:15. Tuesdays are Scout nights for Bill and Cam, so we're always on the move. After dinner, the kids swam some more. I did dishes, put away laundry, and packed lunches for tomorrow.

Right now I have all three of the younger kids in bed. Nate and Isaac built elaborate tents in Nate's room, and they are both "sleeping" in there tonight. So far, I still hear a lot of talking, but they are having fun, and that's what's important. My Scouts haven't returned yet.

I am going to take a shower and watch some TV before bed.
More tomorrow...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: