Facebook Badge

Saturday, May 23, 2009

SATURDAY!!!

Hi Friends!

I am still not feeling well, so yesterday I stayed in bed all morning. I elected to homeschool the boys on Monday (Memorial Day -- which we'd usually take off) instead of Friday due to how I was feeling as well as what we had planned for Friday night.

So, the boys were very cooperative and played nicely together all Friday morning while I slept. I got up around 12:30 p.m. and the boys and I took down tent city. We also got all the laundry put away (which was a lot after our plumbing issues!) and some general clean-up done before it was time to pick up Cam and Molly from school.

After school pick-ups which included Heather and Will coming over -- I showered and started to get ready for my anniversary date with Bill. Molly helped me choose the perfect outfit!!! We had tickets to see a concert in Los Angeles of 38 Special, REO Speedwagon, and Styx. Shirlene came and took Nate, Isaac, and Will to her house in Palmdale for the night. Heather went back home, and Cam and Molly had the house to themselves. They were spoiled, though, by Aunt Annie (or Alice) who brought them meatball subs from ToGo's. She also nicely brought us milk from CostCo, so I guess we're spoiled all around!

Bill and I had a great date. The only thing that could have been better is if I was feeling better. The concert would have been better without the headache! We drove partway to LA and when traffic was bad -- we stopped at Denny's for dinner. We then made it to the Nokia Theater (right next to Staples Center) by 7 p.m. for our concert. It was really good, and it lasted until almost 11 p.m.

Unfortunately, partway through the concert we received word from home that Molly was running a temperature and puking everywhere. Luckily, Cameron called our neighbor, Jeff, and he came over to help. They got the situation under control, and told us that everything was fine!

So, after the concert, we stopped at New Zealand's Ice Cream for smoothies, and then we came home. We made it home by 1 a.m. Cameron was waiting up for us to relive the gory vomitrocious details! We checked on Molly who was sleeping, and we gave her tylenol and
anti-nausea meds. She threw up several more times during the night, so it was a long night!

Also, Cam and I checked on the hamsters late last night and discovered one dead hamster. We also had one hamster struggling and caught up in the fluff. So, we had to distract Mama hamster, and rescue the struggling one. Then we put all the hamsters together in one central nesting location for her. That is, of course, what everyone wants to do at 2 a.m. in the morning!

I slept in until noon today, and Bill got up with the kids. Shirlene brought them all back around 8 a.m. this morning. This afternoon, Bill and Cam are at Cajun Fest for Boy Scouts. The rest of us are just hanging out around home.

I hope you all are having great weekends!
More tomorrow ...

Much Love,
Michele

No comments: